19. Generation Y

After a couple days looking after Madison and spending time with her to get her back to the same girl who left you days prior, you wake up still cuddled into her, your eyes refusing to open out of sheer fatigue, they inch open where you see Madison staring at you with tender adoration, she was yet to notice you were awake and so you embraced the chance to just lie there with this amazing girl. Eventually she rests her face on your chest, this time you look to her face and see her appear empty, she just seemed so sad, it was time to drop your act of slumber.

Y/N: You ok Maddie?

She hesitates before looking you in the eyes.

Madison: We're Millenials, generation Y, born between the birth of what, aids and 9/11? Give or take, everyone knows us as 'The Global Generation', just sees us as entitled and narcissistic, you ask me, our one defining trait is this fucking numbness, to the world, this indifference to suffering. 

You put your hand to her cheek, wiping a singular tear falling from her eye and just kept your hand resting there, a comfort from this shit, shit world that she was oh so numb to.

Madison: I do everything I can not to feel, sex, drugs, booze, just take away the pain, take away my mother and my asshole father and the press, all the boys I loved who wouldn't love me back, hell Y/N I was gang raped and two days later I was back in class like nothing happened. Must've hurt like hell right? Most people never get over stuff like that, but not me, I would give everything just to feel pain again... to hurt.

You look to her, pain in your eyes as you listen to her pleas to feel, her suffering in just how little she suffers.

Madison: Thank God for Fiona's herb garden, I'm kinda dead so I don't need to sweat warning labels. There was this brown one that I thought made my nipples tingle for a second, but I think it was psychosomatic cos I polished off the rest of it and didn't feel shit. I just tried everything til I didn't look like Marilyn Manson anymore, and that's the rub of it all right? I can't feel shit Y/N, I can't feel anything... You think pain is the worst feeling. It isn't, how can anything be worse than this... eternal silence inside of me

You sit up to look her straight in the eye, desperate to support her but helpless as she finally revealed everything she was feeling, the girl had died, and when she came back a big part of her remained dead, all you knew is you were determined to revive it.

Madison: I used to not eat for days, or eat like crazy then stick my fingers down my throat, now no matter how much I binge, I can't fill this fucking hole inside me. And I-I can't take it anymore, I think I'm going batshit...

She breaks down in front of you, empty tears from an empty heart, she experienced this suffering, this inability to feel, you had to bring her back to being Madison fucking Montgomery.

Y/N: Then let's do something...

Madison: What do you mean?

Y/N: Fuck the herbs, fuck the food, fuck the sex and the drugs and the booze and the press and fuck the bastards who didn't love you back. I'm here now Maddie, you don't need to worry about anything, cos I'm here, you understand? So forget trying to hurt yourself, let's go on a date, me and you, try and have some fun, God knows we need it

Madison: I don't know if I-

Y/N: I'm gonna make you feel Maddie, I don't care what I have to do or how long it takes... I'm gonna make you happy...

She looks to the ground in consideration, inhaling and looking back up to you.

Madison: Fine... But only cos you're so desperate

She smirks and pushes you back on the bed jumping on you and hitting you as she laughs that same cute laugh you'd been in withdrawal of for so long.

Y/N: Hey! Hey stop you bitch, I'm warning you!

Madison: Oh what you gonna do cupcake? 

You pull her in for a kiss and she stops immediately, instead enjoying a moment of sheer ecstasy with you, no matter what you had to do, or how long it took, you were gonna make her happy.