Stay put

WARNING: this book contains a lots of and lots Sex, drugs violence and everything in between... You've been warned so proceed with caution... 🔞

-Yasmin

-Yasmin

Hi my names Yasmin, I'm 17. I live in Missouri... literally the middle of nowhere... I'm the average, poor mixed kid... My moms the typical drug addict... And my dad is the stereotypical nonexistent deadbeat...

Springfield is known for its Meth and sex trafficking... My mom fell victim to dope well before I was born... I heard through the grapevine that my dad was her dealer... and that I wasn't meant to even be here... Too bad that the abortion fell through.

"Yasmin, I'll be back... don't let nobody in the room."

"Mom, can you stay home for at least one damn night?" I fume.

"Do you think that this room pays for itself... I gotta make money lil girl."

"Why can't you work in the day? You know that being here at night alone raises my anxiety." I throw myself on the raggedy twin bed that my mom and I share.

"Raises my anxiety." She mocks me, scoffing. "It's time that you grow up Yasmin... I do what I can to raise you... you need to start contributing." My mom tosses her blonde hair around.

Little does my mom know... I've been looking for work. She acts like it's so easy being a minority trying to find a job in this racist area... the only future I have here, is working in a strip club... selling drugs... or prostituting. 

This is nothing new she leaves me every single night... Who knows where she goes or what she does... I have my ideas but I'm not 100% sure... Everyone around here knows I'm Vickies daughter...

I'm constantly harassed by her grown men her "friends" and she does nothing. I can't even count how many times I've been molested... again she does nothing... I don't even tell her anymore.

The first time it happened I was 9. It was by the guy she was fucking at the time. Her words were "you need to keep your little funky legs closed." After that day I knew she didn't give a damn. By age 16 girls around here have at least 2 kids. I'm still a virgin but I don't act like one. I gotta put on a show to keep it that way.

My mom is 38 and fairly pretty. Blonde hair, medium height, thick. A lot of black guys and Mexicans around here like thick white girls. She feels like her shit doesn't stink.

This time, she has me fucked up. I'm not staying the night here alone again. I watch her through the window as she leaves... I grab my phone and slip on my flip flops, heading out the door.

She goes to the bus stop... I stand off in the distance, behind a uhaul. It's so hot, like sticky hot. This weather is bipolar and I don't even have a ponytail holder to put my wild hair up. I spot the bus coming. I pull my hood down and rush up to the bus stop, letting her get on first.