Ten

'( • ○○ • ' )

Hiiiiiii... just did two updates in a row?!?!? Yaayayayyay I'm gonna be burnt out of ideas soon lol. Also, check out my Jack Manifold book My Darling Sunshine which has one chapter so far.

While writing this I listened to If By Chance by Ruth B., Vienna by Billy Joel, and She by Dodie.

'( • ○○ • ' ) Little piggy hopes you drank your water today :)

Same Moment

Silence. That was all there was in the moments after. It reminded her of winter. The cold moments she would spend at the park laying in the snow, staring at stars. She would talk to the stars, imagining nobody in the universe knew who she was. In those moments nobody even knew that she would sneak out.

She didn't have any friends back in America that she could talk so and be comforted by in person. It was all through a screen. So, she talked to the stars, the clouds, and the moon, hoping that somebody, or something, heard her.

And sometimes, those moments with her online friends weren't comforting at all. It was just an even more painful reminder of how alone she was. She never showed them that though. She faked calming down and surpressed her emotions until they hung up.

More and more often she wondered why she called in the first place. So they thought she was getting better, mentally and emotionally.

Perhaps thats why they all left her standing there.

She didn't think they would understand the lonliness. Techno and Ranboo had their families. All she had was her mother, who worked 24/7 and refused any help from Charlie.

The Europeans could take short, cheap flights to see each other. Dream had Nick, they even lived in the same house. And so on.

They all had support systems that they could touch. Hug. They had peoples shoulders to cry into.

So why was it that she was yet again alone when she was finally with them. When they were finally here.

They didn't understand.

They couldn't.

Half of them got mad, the other half were disappointed.

And just her luck, her mind decided to torture her. All the anxiety that left when she finally met Clay? It was flooding through her veins, tenfold.

The kind lady from the cafe had comforted her after seeing what happened. The yelling. The glares. The abrupt exit. The minutes after that Charlie simply stood there, alone in a foreign country with no one.

Dream and Techno chased after the others of course. Claiming, half-heartedly over their shoulders as they ran away, that they would attempt to calm them down.

They didn't realize that they had left her behind, again. They never really noticed when they left her behind in the first place though.

But this time it was worse. She had spilled her biggest secret. Her biggest fear. All in the hopes of acheiving her most desired dream.

To have her someone. That person that would drop everything to comfort her, hug her, listen to her.

So why was it that Dream and Techno went to comfort the group when they had each other? Why didn't at least one of them stay for her?

One of the most disappointing things to Charlie was that even all the fans noticed. The little moments when Caz was a little too quiet or not speaking at all while the others laughed and joked. The moments when someone would start talking right over her without anyone realizing.

Even when they simply passed off the moments she couldn't make it to a stream without telling them at all. Those moments were the most noticable as chat knew that she was watching stream. Chat knew Caz watched as they simply moved on with the stream without even trying to contact her and make sure she was okay. The only exceptions where Tommy and sometimes Dream. But these moments were moreso on streams without the two, the memories just as prominent in her mind regardless.

So with all the thoughts and memories filtering through her head like an old reel film, she sat silently, alone in the back of a small cafe waiting for the kind lady to come back.

Charlie didn't look up when she hear the door swing open.

"Hey darling, how are you doing?"

Charlie let out a sniffle and examined her fingers. "'M fine, I guess. Thanks for asking."

"Oh, of course sweetheart. I even brought you a slice of our homemade pecan pie. It's my special recipe that I don't share with anyone." The plate was set down next to Charlie as the lady placed a hand on her shoulder. "My name is Diane. What's yours, honey?"

"Charlie."

Diane pulled up a chair to sit next to Charlie.

"Would you like to talk about what happned earlier?"

The mention of it brought tears to Charlies eyes but she pushed them back. Nobody likes to cry in front of strangers.

Too late for that.

"I lied. About who I was. And I just told them the truth, I thought they would be more accepting like two of them were. But they all left, even the two who accept me. I'm not even from England, I live in America. I've got no idea where I am or where to go."

"Oh, honey. Come here."

Diane pulled Charlie close and gave her a tight hug. The feeling of fingers running through her hair soothed Charlies hiccups. Tears carved gentle lines down Charlies face. Sorrow seeping through the gentle sounds coming from Charlie as she allowed herself to be held and cry.

This wasn't the way she expected her first breakdown after meeting her friends for the first time would go. She should have been crying into one of their arms over something irrelevant like hate comments or getting hurt. Not because of them they weren't supposed to be the ones to cause her pain.

'( • ○○ • ' )
Little piggy loves you all!
Mwah <3

1021 words - I really got in my feels for that chapter. Little piggy hopes you enjoyed! Take care of yourselves. :)

Not edited