4| Hot

Chapter 4: Hot

The door slid open like whoever it was didn't care there was a closed sign outside.

Someone was here.

Was it a robber? hadn't they seen the closed sign? It was illegal to rob a closed store, I'd read that somewhere.

Sweat prickled through me as I looked for a weapon, I finally found a bat, probably belonged to Mr Pipeson.

I quietly stepped closer to the entrance where the intruder stood, their back facing me.

Then he turned.

It was Ashton Malik.

I sighed with relief, my racing heartbeat beginning to slow down.

"Why the bat?" He casually asked.

Was he really asking me why I was carrying a bat? I don't know, maybe it's to defend myself from someone who barged into a closed gym.

Then I realised.

Ashton Malik was here, standing right in front of me, in this gym, his pink lips curled into a smirk, blue eyes filled with amusement, his white jersey and shorts hung perfectly to his well toned body. He carried a black Reebok's bag over one shoulder.

Why was he here?

"If you're looking for Jessica, she left hours ago," I said.

"I'm not."

"Well... Whyr'e you here if I may ask?" I raised an eyebrow with curiosity.

"I need to exercise, the other gym won't let me in cause they know about my injury, figured I'd come here since no one is ever here."

"No way... we have a strict No Ashton Policy," I said with a fearful tone, "I'm not about to lose my job for this."

"Do you mean the job I helped you keep?" He crossed his arms over his muscular chest, leaning against the entrance with a smug grin.

"I really appreciate your help back there but I can't let you in," I said sternly.

Well he was already in but whatever.

"Relax, I'm just doing a couple exercise to get the ankle better," he said.

Even as he moved, I could see him limping a bit which made me feel more and more guilty, he wouldn't have been injured if I just did my job. Well technically, it was Jessica's job but I'm not about to go down that rabbit hole of arguements again.

Ashton walked past me, making his way to the equipments.

I just know I'll regret this.

"Fine," I sighed. "But atleast let me check out the equipments first."

•••

I'd earlier planned to close by six but now I wasn't still back and it was seven thirty.

My stomach growled with hunger as I sat on my desk, playing the torturous game that was Candy Crush, all those sweet sweet candies and I couldn't eat a single one. So unfair.

I could hear the deep breaths of Ashton some distance away as he exercised.

I couldn't focus, even his breathing was distracting. Although I was dying to watch him exercise, I stayed as far away as possible, didn't want my hormones getting in the way of my work.

My phone dinged, finally getting a text from someone.

Angie- Mad, are you okay? You're not back.