29| Confession

Chapter 29: Confession.

My head ached so bad I thought it was going to split.

My muscles felt sore as I stood from bed, staring at myself in the mirror. I winced at the horrid eye bags and haphazard hair.

Walking into my bathroom, I helped myself with two pills of Aspirin and washed my face thoroughly. I honestly doubted I could make it for class today with this splitting pain.

When I made my way to the kitchen, the first thing Angie screamed was:

"AHH! ZOMBIE!"

well, that's one way to say good morning.

"Angie, it's me," I said.

"Oh Maddie, are you okay?" She asked a little bit concerned.

I started the coffee machine as I nodded. "Slight question though... When did I get home last night?"

"Ashton brought you in at around 1am, you were a mumbling mess and he smelled awfully like puke. A shirtless puke of I may add."

Memories of last night were beginning to flash through my mind, our dance, the kiss...

I'm falling for you, Maddison Maurice, faster than a speeding train.

Then I'd puked on him, the embarrassment welled up inside me as I rushed for my Oreos cabinet, if I was going to think straight, I needed a pack or three of the thing.

•••

I'd finally managed to head to the gym and even until then, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, his soft lips against mine, his confession to me.

Ashton had said he was falling for me but I'd fell ever since I knew him, he was fire and I was a fly, it was dangerous but I wasn't going to back down. I'd learnt to stop fighting against my feelings, I was in love with Ashton Malik.

Jessica walked into the gym with a sad face, she didn't seem to be in much discomfort from her drinks last night so why was I? I just drank a glass of water for chrissake.

"Morning," I greeted cheerily.

"Hey Maddie... We need to talk." She sighed, he eyes unable to meet my gaze.

"I haven't been completely honest with you..." Her blonde hair pushed to a single shoulder, her eyes darted to the floor. "You're so cool and fun and you made me feel so much better which is why I think you should know about this..."

I knew whatever she wanted to say was hard on her so I pulled her into a hug. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to," I muttered.

She pushed me away, I almost though she was back to being the mean girl who hated me but her expression said otherwise, it was that of hurt and pain. "I do... I owe you this, you've been so kind to me and I can't repay you this way, if anyone would tell you this, it should be me.

"Earlier I met Joey..." She paused, allowing it to sink in. She'd met Joey? The one Ashton hated and was his biggest nemesis. That Joey.

"I was in a bad place at the time, Ashton had just broken up with me, my GPA was low and my mom was... She was suffering from cancer." Jessica began to cry, I wanted to comfort her but she held her hand, signalling me to just listen.

"He told me all about you and Ashton and how he believed you convinced Ashton to break up with me," she continued. "I was foolish enough to believe that."