16| Cookie Girl

Chapter 16: Cookie Girl.

"Spill it," I demanded from Angie the moment we got home.

"Spill what?" Angie asked, her dark cheeks getting visibly red.

"You and Alex... Spill."

"It's nothing... We were drunk, we almost did it but he stopped midway."

My brows furrowed with confusion. "Why? If I may ask."

"You're so nosey, Maddie." Angie laughed.

"Me? Nosey? I'm just asking... For research purposes only."

Mhmm exactly, research purposes.

Angie sighed, pushing back a curly strand of hair. "He said he didn't want to do it and forget about it."

"So... He likes you?"

She threw me a glare before I quickly added: "for research purposes."

Angie shrugged, plopping down on the sofa. "It's complicated... He's a flirt and I'm just a h*rny b*tch. I don't think any of us are ready for a commitment like that."

I nodded, already mentally creating a ship name.

Algie... Anlex....

"Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah, you were talking about Anlex."

Oops.

Angie tilted her head like she'd just realised she lived with a psychopath. Nothing new there.

"We just slept the drinks off and cuddled."

"Aww that's so cute, Ashton and I di–"

I quickly covered my mouth before I spilled any further but Angie was already grinning at me with a mischievous look.

Curse you, over shareful tongue.

"You guys had sex?" She asked.

"NOOOO!" I exclaimed, waving a hand in dismissal.

She sighed. "What?! I send you the hottest guy on campus and you're too scared to even touch him."

"Thanks for letting him into the house without my consent, for all I knew, it could have been a serial killer." I rolled my eyes.

I wasn't scared of touching Ashton.

Right?

I mean, we'd touched while cuddling, we'd even touched at the basement...

The kiss...

Well, the almost kiss.

Memories of our intimate position invaded my mind, leaving me to wonder, was he actually going for a kiss? Would I have kissed him back?

I quickly brushed the thought out of my mind, the only thing between Ashton and I was sexual tension, and that was just because he radiated so much of such energy.

We could never be a thing, he was the badass boxer and I was just a barely known weirdo. When guys like him have models like Jessica gracing their beds every night, why would he settle for less?

•••

Mondays were always the worst days of the week, I looked down at my schedule, biting into an Oreo as I did.

Making my way into the Bio 121 class, I sighed at the almost filled up lecture hall. We had a quiz today which would explain why the helall was brimming with students so early.