Catching Up

It was a rainy day today. Rain was pouring all day and as the night came it didn't seem to stop. It seemed worse. The palm trees seemed so slopy and the ocean seemed like a big puddle. Something was just off today.

''(Y/N)?'' shouts your mom from the kitchen. ''What?'' you awnser running down stairs. ''Can you please run to the store and get me some potatos and vegitables. Your cousin is coming over to dinner and you know how picky she is about food.'' says your mom putting out a chicken.

''Um, sure.'' you say and half smile. You put on your boots and jacket and take your purse. You grab the money your mom left you on the counter and go to the car. It was already pretty late and the store was closing in an hour.

You turned on the car and Ed Sheeran started playing. You could still hear the rain outside over the music but it was relaxing. You started to sing along but the song was coming to an end.

About 5 minutes later you arrived at the store. You opened the door and ran inside trying not to get too wet.

You got in and walked up to the vegatbles. You picked some potatos, tomatos, garlic and some other stuff. You had some money left so you went to the junk food. You picked out doritos chips and a spicey dip to go with it.

You were walking and looking down at the dip reading what was in it. You bumped into someone and shot your head up ''I'm sorry.'' you say and smile. ''No I'm-'' says the guy. Actually it wasn't just a guy. It was Calum fucking Hood. Your bestfriend who went on tour 3 years ago and you hadn't seen him since then. ''(Y/N)?'' he says and smiles. ''Hi.'' you say and fake smile. ''This is so weird right now, i was just thinking about calling you up, to let you know i'm in town.'' he says. ''Oh did you? I didn't know.'' you say awkwardly. You didn't know? Of corse you didn't know he was just about to call you. ''Yeah, well i thought we could catch up maybe.'' he says smiling down at you.

''Um, i- i don't know how my weekend is because next week we have finals and i have to study an-'' you say but get cut of by him. ''How about now?'' he says. ''Um- we're having dinner i don't-'', ''Great, i want to see your mom too. Haven't seen her in so long i kinda miss her cooking. Remember when we would go back to your house from a party at 3 in the morning and we'd always make your make us something to eat.'' he says and laughs. ''Yeah., i do.'' you say and laugh with him.

''So?'' he says raising an eyebrow. ''Sure, yeah. I think my mom will be happy to see you. And by the way my cousin is coming over to dinner.'' you say and start walking up to the cash register. ''Your cousin? As in Daniel your cousin. As in she's annoying as hell.'' he says following you. ''Yup that's her.'' you say and giggle. ''Oh god. Me coming anyways just proves you know much i really missed you.'' he says.

You pay for the stuff and pack it in plastic bags. ''Ow and your driving me. I walked here.'' he says and helps you with your stuff. ''Still the same old loser i remember.'' you say sarcastcly. ''I'll take that as a complimate.'' he says. You two run to the car and you open the back seat puting in the grocerys. You run to the other end of the car and sit in out of breath as does Calum.

You take a deep breath as and push your now wet hair out of your face and away from your neck. You can feel Calum's eyes burning into you.

You ignore him and drive off to your house. You turn on the raido to cover up the awkward silence.

You got to your house and again Calum helped you with your grocerys.

''Mom!'' you shout. ''Yeah?'' she shouts back from the kitchen. ''Look wo i bumped into.'' you say as she walk into the living room. ''Oh my god, Calum!'' she says raising her arms in the air. ''Hi Mrs.(Y/L/N).'' he says smiling and they hug. ''How have you've been?'' she asks letting go of the hug. ''I've been great.'' he says and smiles at her again. He was great? So he's not even a little bit sad we stopped talking. Fine then your grat too.