Over My Head - JJ

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "Over My Head (Cable Car)" by the Fray.

Little background on this story:
Y/N was a part of JJ's past and no matter how much he wanted her back, she was too gone.

May contain: Feels, Fluff, M/F, TW Abuse.
___________________________________

Y/N and JJ thought that they would last forever. The truth was, some things don't last no matter how badly you wanted it to.

But before we get to that part, let's talk about when their relationship first started.

JJ Maybank and Y/N Y/L/N, met the first day Y/N moved to Outer Banks. She was a kook but acted as if she was a pogue. Anyone around them knew that they were in love at first sight. Although, it was love at first sight, it took JJ one year to finally build up the courage to ask her out. JJ's life was filled with everything he wished he had growing up and he had finally felt like for once in his life, he was home.

There wasn't a day that went by that the pair wasn't seen together. Even when they were around each other 24/7, Y/N never left his mind for a second. He was so madly in love with her and she felt the same back.

They had spent two amazing years together....

That was until the John B had discovered the truth about his father's disappearance and he had brought the pogues on a wild goose hunt to find the gold. He made JJ promise as well to not let Y/N in on what was happening and so he kept his promise and began spending all his time with the pogues instead of her.

Y/N wasn't the greatest with dealing with separation from JJ at first but, over time, she began to live her life without him. She spent majority of her time now with the other kooks who lived on Figure Eight and started becoming really close to the Cameron Family, especially Sarah as they were the same age.

The communication between the two began to become less and less until the moment Y/N snapped and decided it was best for her and JJ to split. She wasn't going to waste her time on someone who wasn't there when she could easily find someone else who would give her the attention she deserved.

Time Skip: Six Months Later...

JJ was starting to feel like his whole life was beginning to fall apart by now. The group had never found the gold. He had known for a while now that he was incomplete without her but had been avoiding his feelings as he didn't want to admit the truth... that 'his girl' wasn't his anymore.

The girl that he is still so madly in love with him won't even make eye contact with him when he saw her out and she would cross the street to avoid interaction with him. He felt like he was slowly becoming a part of her past and it's the part that doesn't last. Drinking and smoking his feelings away wouldn't get rid of her out of his thoughts. He started to sleep around with any girl who showed interest in. He even started fights with his father just so he could feel pain on the outside to hopefully numb the pain on the inside and that didn't even work.

He tried hating her for leaving him but he knew why... if he had just let her in on what was happening. If he spent more time with her when he wasn't running around with the other pogues. If he had just shown her just how much he loved her, she wouldn't be gone.

Everyone knew that JJ would always love Y/N and that she was always on his mind but in the end, he was over his head.

___________________________________

Well I hope you enjoyed this depressing little chapter! I promise to have a much nicer story of JJ down the track. Please let me know what you thought about this one.

Thank you for reading!