Please Notice, Part Two - Rafe

A/N:
Part Two - This chapter is inspired by the song "Please Notice" by Christian Leave.

Little background on this story:
Will the two best friends finally get together or will they completely fall apart?

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff, Cliche, Angst?
___________________________________

Recap:
"No Y/N, I'm not saying that because I'm your best friend. God you can be so oblivious at times! It seriously annoys me when you say such low things about yourself because I think you're beautiful. I know you better than you know yourself. You eat french fries in bed, cold. You don't gas up your car until it starts beeping. You won't admit that we're meant to spend the rest of our lives together. You send food back if the waiter breathes on it funny and you know what? There's probably water bottles that have been sitting on your bedside table that are almost older than me. I notice that when you're nervous, you play with the rings on your fingers. That when you're happy, your eyes twinkle. When you're mad, you close your eyes. I notice when you're sad, you let out sighs and sometimes I might worry if those sighs are ever over me. Do you even know how I'm in love with you? Because I am. Do you see that I'm in love with you? Because like I said,  I am. Everything that you do, it makes my heart stop because you simply take my breath away the second you walk into the room", Rafe took a deep breath after ranting and went back to playing with the strands of Y/N'S hair, not realising that he just confessed his love to the girl.

"You love me?", was all that Y/N could get out after everything he said registered into her brain as she got up from his chest to look into his eyes.

_________________
___________
RAFE'S POV:
___________
As heat rushed to my cheeks, I just registered what just came out of my mouth. Did I really just tell Y/N the truth? Did I just ruin years of a friendship then and there? I can either lie or tell the truth right now. As I shoot up from my laying position on her bed, I begin to fiddle with the ring on my index finger, deciding that I will lie to her instead of telling the truth.

"Wait what? I didn't mean it like that... I mean that I love you as a friend", I say as I try to sound as convincing as I can, afraid she will catch me in my lie and everything will be up in flames.

"Oh... well thank you for coming here to comfort me but, I think I want to be alone now."

Wait why did she sound so sad by my answer? Did I just screw everything up? Maybe I'm thinking into this too much.

"Oh okay... just call me if you need me yeah?", I reply as I get up from her bed and make my way to the exit.

___________
Y/N'S POV:
___________
Well just when I thought my heart could not break anymore, I was proven wrong. I don't really know why being aware that I was definitely in the friend zone with Rafe would affect me as much as it would until those words came out of his mouth... "I love you as a friend".

As a friend.

I genuinely thought he was confessing his love for me for a second but, I must've misheard what he said and looked too much into his words. How stupid of me for being a hopeless romantic and feeling the need to romanticise everything.

As my heart feels more crushed than the previous events that occurred today, I didn't care as much anymore that Joshua and I didn't work out. I don't think my heart ever belonged to Joshua or to any failed relationship I've been in. I think this entire time, it has and always will belong to Rafe.

But, the feelings aren't mutual and I guess I'll have to settle as being his best friend whilst I watch girls be with him, the way that I've wanted to.

I did feel guilty for making him leave but I knew that if he stayed, it would've just broken me more as the thought of him waiting at the end of the aisle for another girl to walk down as I am standing in the front row, completely shatters me.

___________
RAFE'S POV:
___________
As I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling, I feel as though I had made the wrong choice this afternoon when it comes to telling the truth or not. There was this little sparkle in her eyes when I gave her my speech and then it quickly disappeared once I told her that I loved her as a friend...

Why did I even say that? I love her as a friend? That is the biggest lie I've ever told because the truth is, I've always loved her... more than a friend.

I'm afraid that I might've possibly ruined everything for myself and now as I lay here alone, in my cold bed, I cannot stop picturing her walking down the aisle one day to another guy waiting for her as I stand in the front row.

I need to tell her the truth and this cannot wait another day. If I wait for tomorrow to roll around, maybe it'll be too late... maybe Joshua will realise what he had and try to win her back. I need to see her now. Even though, it's eleven thirty at night, this cannot wait another second.

I'm going to go get the girl... or at least try to.

As I jump out of bed, I quickly get dressed into sweats and a hoodie, since I was originally only wearing my boxers. Once I am dressed, I grab my car keys and make my way down the stairs of the Tannyhill manor, I need to see her and tell her how I feel.

But before I could even make my way outside, a figure was blocking my path as they were standing at the front door, phone in hand with my contact opened on their phone.

___________
Y/N'S POV:
___________
I needed to tell him how I feel and I know it's very late at night but, it could not wait another second. So before I was even aware of what I was even doing, I had made my way to his house.

As I make my way towards his front door, my stomach drops due to how nervous I am.

I'm going to put my heart out on the line and I just hope he takes it and cares for it as if it means something.

Just when I'm about to call him to tell him that I'm at his front door, it suddenly opens and just who I was hoping to see was already there... where was he going? Did I just intrude on something?

"Hi.. I'm sorry is this a bad time? You seem like you're going somewhere", I say as I look down at my shoes, afraid of what his answer will be.

"I was actually just about to come see you so this is very good timing.", he chuckles with a nervous smile on his face.

Have I done something wrong?

"Oh... well that's why I'm here, to see you", still looking down at my shoes as my nerves were getting the best of me.

"Look Y/N, I'm just going to be straight out with it and if this is about to ruin everything then that's something I will have to deal with then. But, this cannot wait another second. I'm madly in love with you, Y/N Y/L/N and I mean that as more than a friend. I'm so sorry for lying to you earlier but I was afraid then and well I'm not afraid now."

Wait is this real life? Am I dreaming right now? Someone please pinch me so I can know if I'm dreaming or not. Even if I am dreaming, I am going to do the one thing I should've done earlier.

Once he was done confessing his love for me, I looked up from my shoes and closed the distance between us as I leaned in and kissed him passionately on the lips.

"I'm in love with you too Rafe Cameron"

___________________________________

Awhhh yayy a happy ending that was very obvious. Even if it is cliche, I'm a sucker for that and I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same??

Thank you for reading 🤍