It's You- Sarah

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "It's You" by Ali Gatie

Little background on this story:
Does Sarah Cameron finally stand up to her greatest fear to finally be happy with Y/N?

May Contain: F/F, Feels, Fluff, Angst??
____________________________________

If you were to ask a person on the streets on what the definition of commitment in a relationship is, they would simply say something along the lines of "when a couple agrees upon a certain level of commitment to one another". But if you were to ask Sarah Cameron the exact same question, she would respond with telling you it is something she fears deeply. It's not that she's scared of not having freedom, it's her inability to think that someone would stay with her if they got to see who she really was.

So what happens exactly when Sarah is standing in front of her best friend Y/N and is facing her fears in hopes that she can be finally happy?

Y/N and Sarah have been best friends since the first day of high-school. Yes, there is times where they don't talk as Sarah's fear gets too much for her but, once she is ready to talk again, Y/N is patiently waiting. Sarah has always been secretly thankful that Y/N is so patient with her as no one else has. Their friendship hasn't been the easiest at times but definitely worth it as the times that have been spent together, always outweighed the negatives.

Sarah Cameron has seen a continuous cycle of strangers turn into lovers/friends for them to only turn into strangers again and it was all she really knew. But there was one exception.... her and she always knew that if she ever found herself falling in love one day, it'd end up being with Y/N.

She was as delicate as a flower and as beautiful as a goddess, but the poor Cameron girl was holding her shattered heart in her hands, just wanting someone to notice and help her glue it back together with her. Y/N had begun to help her glue it back together from the first time Y/N had been there for Sarah when she first became vulnerable.

Sarah wanted to desperately tell Y/N how she felt from the moment she started to feel that way for her but was also fearing that maybe if she opened up and admitted it out loud, that she would end up losing the only person who meant everything.

One day, Sarah went against her fear and finally spoke up. She had texted Y/N to come over on the 15th of May so they could talk. Y/N instantly thought that maybe Sarah wanted another break for her and she was ready but it also killed her silently.

As Y/N got ready that morning, she found herself fighting back tears.

Eventually when she had arrived at Tannyhill, she texted Sarah that she had arrived and dragged herself out of the car and started to walk towards the front door. When she was about to stand at the doorstep to wait, the door had swung open and a nervous ridden Sarah swung herself into Y/N's arms giving her the biggest hug as she had missed her even though they saw each other yesterday. She then grabbed Y/N's hand and pulled her inside and up the stairs to her room. Once they had entered her room, her nerves had gotten worse as it was getting closer to admitting the truth to Y/N.

Once the girls were both comfortably sitting on the bed next it one another, Sarah decided it was either now or never and nervously played with the drawstrings to her shorts as she began to speak... "well you know how I'm scared to fall in love?", in which Y/N hummed a yes in response, Sarah continued on her big speech she had planned. "Well, I have thought about it a lot and if I ever want to fall in love, it's going to be with you. Because it's always been you and I've met a lot of people in life already but nobody has ever come close to how I feel about you. You make me feel like I could conquer the world and I could do anything I set my mind on. You're so incredibly patient with me over the years and it has made me realise that no matter at the end of the day, I am fine with losing everyone else but not you. All I ask is that you don't break my heart and if you need to, please do it gently as I am fragile". As Sarah was done with her speech, she tried calming herself down from a panic attack as her nerves were even more through the roof.

Y/N had noticed just how nervous Sarah was as she knew her better than anyone and took her hands in hers and then spoke up and told her that the feeling was in fact mutual and she would wait a thousand years if it meant she got to spend more time with her.

It was always her...

____________________________________

What did we think? I might post another one later tonight but am unsure as I have a killer headache!

Thank you for being you 🤍