Hold On To Happiness - Sarah

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "hold on to happiness" by Rhys Lewis

Little background on this story:
The pogue and kook princess' of Outer Banks were meant to spend an eternity together. That was until Sarah chose her family before her beloved girlfriend and now Y/N was on the run.

May Contain: F/F, Feels, Fluff

____________________________________

"It was golden looking back, some kind of heaven in my hands for so long. I was busy making plans, couldn't see the things I had, till it was all gone..."

It all happened so fast... one day the pogue and kook princess' were walking down the busy street of Outer Banks holding hands and laughing to now, both with completely shattered hearts. They honestly thought they were both going to die as the pain from their broken hearts was unbearable.

Recap:
What had happened was that John B had found out about Ward killing his father. It turns out as well that Big John wasn't that crazy after all as the gold was real. The pogues and with the help of Sarah, had found the gold hidden in a well under the Crain's family house. They had made a plan that they were going to go back and get it once they had everything organised. When they did go back however, it was gone as Ward had found out about its location. Then the pogues had caught wind about the gold getting loaded onto a private plane to be flown to the Cameron's beach house in the Bahamas.

When Y/N and John B had reached the landing strip, they pulled the Twinkie in front of the plane so it couldn't take off. To say that Ward was pissed off was an understatement. Y/N was honestly there to save Sarah and John B had his eyes on the gold.

With a blink of an eye, Sheriff Peterkin was bleeding out on the ground as Rafe had shot her and Y/N and John B were running for their lives as they were going to be framed for the murder. The one eye witness who could've testified to save them decided that family came first and so they were completely screwed.

Now, John B and Y/N are currently hiding from the police and trying to figure out a way they can get off the island. Y/N just couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that the love of her life could turn on her like that. One moment they were so madly in love with one another and the next, Sarah had chosen her own twisted family over her. 'Did she not care about me?', Y/N kept mumbling to herself. John B had noticed how shattered she was and tried his best to console her but no matter what he did, he wasn't Sarah.

Time skip: a month later....

Every time Sarah would close her eyes now, she would have flashbacks of the time the pair had spent together from their late talks at night drunk off cheap wine, to teaching Sarah to surf and Sarah taking Y/N to midsummers to show off her beautiful girlfriend and so on. Y/N was the first ever person Sarah hadn't pushed away because as much as she wanted to, she knew she wouldn't last a day without her.

She was right though about not lasting a day, Sarah had felt extremely guilty and felt as if she was dying as she could no longer hold Y/N in her arms. The thought of Y/N being dead as the boat hit a huge wave and they had lost contact, instantly brought tears to her eyes and her shattered heart would break even more.. making it almost impossible to ever put back together.

If only she had held on to happiness and made the right decision.

____________________________________

I need to start making less depressing chapters but I also don't think I'm the worse when it comes to it because I'm an emotional train wreck.

Comment what you would like to see in the future!

Thank you for reading 🤍