See You Later, Part Two - JJ

A/N:
Part Two - This chapter is inspired by the song "See You Later" by Jenna Raine

Little background on this story:
Do they finally get their happily ever after??

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff, Cliche?
___________________________________

Recap:
The day her and I said it was over and she began to walk away, it felt like she was taking my heart with her. I have felt incomplete ever since and I don't think I could feel complete until she is back in my arms.

Luckily for her, I'm patient and I'm okay with waiting for her to come back... even it takes ten years god dammit.

Whatever our souls are made of, hers and mine are the same.

I still remember the last thing she said to me and it haunts me on the daily...

"This isn't a goodbye but, simply a see you later"

_________
JJ'S POV:
_________
Five years. Five fucking years have gone by and it felt like all I did was blink. Five years of not being able to hold her, to kiss her. Five years of constantly feeling incomplete. Five years of rolling over in the morning and looking at the empty bed beside me. Five years of wishing upon each shooting star that she would come back to me.

I would wait forever for Y/N but, it turns out,
manifestation is a real thing and not some made up bullshit that Kiara told me. As this morning, I received a text from a number I've memorised off by heart and no matter how long it's been, it's forever engraved into my mind... it was her.

It might not seem like a huge deal to anyone else as the text only says "hey" but, it means everything to me.

I literally had an concert in my bedroom this morning as I was overwhelmed with so much joy that I just needed to dance and sing. I wouldn't say I'm the best at either of those things but, when you're this happy, this truly happy, nothing else matters.

I quickly responded to her text when I received it... but not straight away as I didn't want it to sound like I was waiting around. Anyways, we've organised to go get coffee this morning at a cute little cafe we use to go to and that's where I'm headed now.

Man, I got so excited that I even made sure that I wore my best casual clothes and even styled my hair to some degree so I didn't look like a complete mess.

Don't get me wrong, I've learnt a lot about myself these past five years. I've focused on what I really want in life and I've achieved those things, the only thing that was missing, was her. I now have a stable job that pays really well, I live with my best friend's and we've managed to afford a house on the nicer side of Outer Banks. We're not full kook yet but we are doing a lot better for ourselves. I've learnt to really focus on myself and even though, I'm still cheeky, I've matured a lot. I became a better person for myself and for her.

She will always have the key to my heart...

__________
Y/N'S POV:
__________
Time has surely flown by these past few years. I finally graduated from college, I taught myself that it is okay to be alone and focusing on myself is a good thing and that it isn't being selfish. I learnt how to truly love every part of myself and now I even do self affirmations in the morning, every day. I do extra on those days where I'm not really feeling myself. But, each step I've taken, I always felt like there was a piece of me missing.

I have been contemplating about messaging him for quite some time now as I wasn't sure how he genuinely felt about me. I've seen him around and we've smiled and greeted each other and what not, but you can never know.

Then I finally did it this morning... I wasn't expecting him to reply so early since it is 6am and he never use to be awake at this time. Howbeit, when I've seen him around, he seems like a different JJ that I use to know. He seems more put together and I've heard from the talk around town that he and his friends finally made it to the kook side. I'm so proud of the man he is and is becoming and even though I do wish I was there to see it all, we needed this time to truly focus on ourselves.

Now that the clock hits 8:30am and I make my way into the cafe, I look around to see if I can find a vacant table and that's when I see him, sitting at one, already waiting for me.

I smile at him and begin to walk my way over to him, memories of all the times we use to come here come flashing back.

"Hi Y/N, you look beautiful", he says whilst getting up from the table and giving me a quick hug.

"Hi JJ, why thank you, you look pretty alright yourself", I say with a chuckle, taking in his embrace and the newly scented cologne that I've never smelt on him before. The old JJ wouldn't know what cologne was even if his life depended on it.

As we sit down at the table, we begin to catch up on the past five years. It felt as if I was talking to someone that I've spoken to every single day for the past few years. But, it also felt like I was learning all about this new person I've never met.

In conclusion, it turns out that we were both waiting for the other to make their journey back.

___________________________________

Well... what did we think babes?

Let me know in the comments???

Love you 🤍