Idk You Yet - Cleo

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "IDK You Yet" by Alexander 23

This story is based upon an alternate universe where you would have little black and white flashes on what your soul mate looks like in dreams from the moment you turn eighteen years old. Most individuals see their soul mate's eyes in black and white for their first flash. However, some people never receive these dreams as they don't have a soul mate.

Little background on this story:
Cleo and Y/N are soul mates who haven't even met each other. However, every night as they close their eyes, they see each other in black and white imagery.

May Contain: F/F, Feels, Fluff
____________________________________
______________
Y/N's POV:
______________

"How can you miss someone you've never met?
Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet
But can you find me soon because I'm in my head?
Yeah, I need you now but I don't know you yet"

Black and white images of her have flooded my mind from the moment I turned eighteen. I didn't know who the mystery girl was as she definitely was not from Outer Banks and it shocked me when I had discovered that my soul mate wasn't even my boyfriend of two years, Pope Heyward. It turned out in the end that his endgame was a girl in his English class at school. We still remained friends however and I was extremely grateful for that.

Every time I close my eyes now, I see her and the second I wake up every morning, I instantly start missing her. But I haven't even met her so how can I even miss her? I just want to be with her already. It is driving me insane seeing every one around me find their soul mates and I still don't even know my true love's name.

"Cause lately it's been hard
They're sellin' me for parts
And I don't wanna be modern art
But I only got half a heart to give to you"

Being rich, also known as a kook, on this dysfunctional island is a blessing and a curse. See, some other people on this island never received a soul mate when they turned eighteen and so they end up with the others who are in the same boat and they try making it work. Those who haven't found their soul mates in the first six months or don't have one to begin with have to attend a function every year known as 'Midsummers'.

'Midsummers' is by far the last thing I am looking forward to this year. I hate being put on show for the rest of Outer Banks. It feels as if I'm a piece of art on a wall and everyone comes up to stare and compliment but never ask how I'm feeling about it all. My heart goes to that girl who never leaves my head every single day and not for one of these sick individuals who see me as a piece of meat.

______________
CLEO'S POV:
______________

"How can you miss someone you've never seen?
Oh, tell me are your eyes brown, blue, or green?
And do you like it with sugar and cream?
Or do you take it straight, oh, just like me?"

Day in and day out, this random girl floods my head. I don't know her and she's definitely not from here. She looks wealthy and as if she gets enough sleep at night. She's not fighting on the streets just to survive like I have to. I just want to know her already as it's driving me mental.

When I dream of this unknown girl all I see is black and white. If you were to ask me what colour her eyes were or her hair or anything at all, I'd tell you that I didn't know. Because the truth is, I had no clue. Was her eyes brown, blue or green? I don't know if she drank her coffee with sugar and cream or if she drank it straight like I do. I don't even know her name but yet the second I wake up, I begin to miss the image of her.

"Yeah, lately it's been hard
They're sellin' me for parts
And I don't wanna be modern art
But I only got half a heart to give to you
And I hope it's enough"

Living in the streets of Nassau, trying to get by and figuring out where you're going to get your next supply of food isn't easy. But I made it work somehow or another. I felt as if there were times where those who I worked with were trying to sell me into marriage with them so I would give them what they wanted like I was a painting on a wall. But it wasn't going to happen no matter what as I held my trusty knife with me whenever I went. Being put on display as a woman in the workplace wasn't easy at all. However, I had to work it out for her because she owned my heart without realising. I just hope that my heart was enough...

______________
AUTHOR'S POV:
______________

"How can you miss someone you've never met?
'Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet
But can you find me soon because I'm in my head?
Yeah, I need you now but I don't know you yet"

Y/N and Cleo never knew when they would eventually meet or even the other's name but soon rather than later, their time would come and today happened to be the day that Cleo had just ran into John B and Sarah for the first time.

____________________________________

I have the worse headache still but I wanted to post another story tonight. I hope it's okay and I do apologise if it's not good enough. I'll try better with the next story I write.

Thank you for existing 🤍