Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ (𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐎)

(F/c) = Favorite Color

****

Y/n. (Nice to meet you).

She is the only child, living in Brooklyn, New York with her parents and one yellow lab dog named Champ. Y/n's parents never wanted a big family, so this is the life they had-- small and simple.

Since some financial problems were hitting Y/n's family at a sudden moment, it was time for them to move back home to California where things weren't as expensive in New York.

California was originally her parents' home, not Y/n's.

The only problem Y/n had was leaving her hometown. She grew up here, knowing the glory of this city, even though it had its cons. If she was to move, she would be 2,918 miles away from its presence.

Another problem; she'd be moving away from her very amusing aunt.

After a lot of debating with her Mom and Dad, Y/n finally convinced them to let her move to Manhattan where her relative currently lived.

Y/n came into her room, looking at the calendar that was still on her wall, open to the month of January. "Two days until the moving van leaves." She says, looking back at her crowded room full of boxes and garbage bags. Y/n slumped on her bed, which had been stripped of its sheets. Her large exhale came out dramatically, knowing this was going to be a big weekend.

She was excited to see her aunt. Why wouldn't she be?

The moment Y/n saw a photo of her and her aunt on the wall, she grinned so widely and deep in her heart she knew she was going to have an awesome year, and maybe many more.

Right on cue, Y/n's aunt pops up on her phone. Instantly, not waiting for another second, Y/n answers the facetime call. "Aunt April!" She giggled, seeing the young reporter through the screen. "Gosh, I'm so excited to move in!"

"Hey! I am, too! Are you all packed up?" April asked.

"Just about," Y/n answered, looking at a (f/c) duffel bag in her half-empty closet. "How's everything?"

"Same old," Says April, setting the phone down on her countertop inside her apartment. "Work is a challenge every day... which I like." She giggled lightly.

"And..." Y/n mumbled, looking out of her doorway to make sure her Mom and Dad were nowhere by her space. After seeing it was safe to speak, Y/n looks back to her phone and asks a very serious question. "How are the guys?" She whispered, walking to a large cage on her dresser.

Y/n found out about April's reptilian friends about a year ago when she was visiting for a little BBQ at April's apartment. Funny story, actually... Y/n was in April's home by herself, waiting for her parents and April to come back with everything for the BBQ until Michelangelo made the mistake of letting himself into the apartment.

Once Mikey came through the window like the common burglar, Y/n screamed so loud, it alerted the entire apartment building. It was a good thing Mikey got away, the police weren't called, and everything was settled after an hour went by that night.

April and Y/n now have this secret to keep together as an inseparable niece and aunt.

Ever since then, Y/n has kept their existence hidden. The best part-- she has a unique relationship with each brother, and of course, the rat of the lair.

April quickly answered her niece's question. "They're good, they're good. All four-- well, five of them are excited to hear that you're staying in New York."

"Awesome," Y/n says, unlatching the latch of the cage and carefully picking up her male harlequin rabbit named, (rabbit name). "I think R/n is excited, too." She showed his twitchy nose to her aunt.