Dᴇᴇᴘ Tʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs (𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐎)

A/N: Do you prefer late-night drives or late-night walks?

Grizzy: Late night drives

****

Today, in the afternoon, Michelangelo and his brothers thought it would be a good idea to go pay Casey a visit. It's been a while since they've seen him. They just saw April yesterday at her apartment, so might as well make it even to go see Casey.

As they were en route to Casey's apartment, they quickly dodged the most exposed parts of Manhattan to avoid being seen by the public. The second the Brothers made it to Casey's window on the scaffolding, the young man let them in with a great smile. "Hey, guys. What's new?" Casey asked, watching each brother enter the apartment delicately, cautious to not break anything. As Mikey came through the window and gota quick view of the kitchen, he saw an open pizza box which was beginning to tease his tasebuds. But he wasn't too interested in it.

"Not much," Leonardo answered. "How about you?" He looked at his friend.

Casey shrugged at that question. "Eh, just the same old life at NYPD." He says, walking into the kitchen as the mutants seated themselves wherever possible. There was the couch, the kitchen table, and even the floor with wonderfully textured carpet.

"You getting tired of being a vigilante?" Raphael chuckled at him.

Ever since Casey met the Brothers for himself, Raph has always been the one to give him a hard time. Especially about being part of the NYPD and being a vigilante at the same time. "Of course, I enjoy being a vigilante, but I'm also an adult who needs to pay the bills."

"Yeah, I agree," Donnie says, kicking his feet up on the recliner he sat in. "Adulting is a must."

"What do you know about adulting?" Raph laughed at his little brother.

"Have you forgotten who I am?" Donnie playfully glared at Raph.

While the older brothers were speaking to Casey, Mikey noticed that Y/n wasn't anywhere to be found. Is she at home? Usually, she is here with Casey. "Hey, where's Y/n?" He turned his blue eyes to Jones.

"Oh, she went to work. She should-- Wait, how do you know about Y/n?" Casey replied from the kitchen, fixing himself a sandwich.

The Brothers are silent. They assumed that Y/n still hasn't spoken to Casey about knowing who the Turtles are. "Uh..." Mikey mutters. "Long story."

Casey Jones groaned, leaning on the kitchen counter as he rubbed his eyes from all of the stress. He had a feeling she would find out at some point. "Great. Look, guys, I apologize for her knowledge. I really am. Leo, I wanted to come to you about it first before--"

Leo smirks at Casey, understanding that he was loyal enough to not say a word. "Casey, it's okay. Mikey is the one who accidentally spilled the beans."

"My bad," Mikey said, crossing his arms.

"Well," Casey began, taking a bite from his sandwich. "Then, I no longer have to stress about this."

This isn't entirely out of the way. But since half of this situation has been discussed, Mikey was looking forward to seeing Y/n here today at Casey's. Well, she's human, too- she needed to find a way to pay her own bills.

As Mikey sat on the couch, listening to his brothers talk to Casey, he was off in his own world. Mikey has a wild imagination and anyone knows that. His ADHD has him wondering many things and he can slow it down sometimes. He suddenly found himself thinking about Y/n's eyes-- he loved the way they sparkled under any ray of light. He'd smirk every once in a while if a thought got deep enough.

To Mikey, Y/n is a treasure to him, a nugget of gold, or a diamond ring. Miky liked the hobbies she had taste for as well as music. These were just a few things he loved about her. When it came to her personality, he was starstruck every single time.

Now, he isn't much of a thinker, but he had a lot going on when he was thinking about one person. He prefers fun over boredom and if the word 'fun' was translated into a girl, he'd pick Y/n. Mikey loves the goofy side of her and her passion for parkour, pretty much seeing a cuter version of himself.

He doesn't see a lot of girls doing parkour and that's a unique thing about her. And her love for dance! That was a bonus. From what Mikey saw from this girl, she can dance to a few types of music. As long as she felt the flow and rhythm, she was dancing freely like no one was watching.

Thinking of Y/n kept getting Mikey more excited to see her...whenever that will be. He couldn't stop seeing her inside his head and there was a time he almost heard her say his name. Mikey chuckles to himself on the couch before hearing Leo say, "Hey, man." He paused. "What are you laughing at?"

Clearing his throat, Mikey shook his head. "Oh, it's nothing. Just thinking weird things." He replied, still minding his business as he proceeds to think about the girl that always made him smile wider than before.

The pizza inside the box in the kitchen wasn't even grabbing Mikey's attention. Not even the smell.

****

We cannot really love anyone with whom we never laugh