Cʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ Cᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ (𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋)

A/N: What year did you join Wattpad?

Grizzy: 2015

****

Raphael wanted to do something special for Y/n today. It's difficult for him to get her off his mind now that their friendship had begun.

Before he met Y/n, he was focused on being the best brother in the family, keeping up with his weight training, going in patrols-- he doesn't think that way anymore. She's all he thinks about.

It's been a few days since he saw Y/n, so he thought about sending her something sweet. Raph thought of her as a strong-headed young lady, but he knows there is a sweet side to her. The first thing that came into his head was flowers. Well, would she even life flowers? Every girl likes flowers, right?

Not just any old bouquet of flowers, but a single red rose that will have a note tied to it. This should be easy, but... where will he find a rose in New York?

There's gotta be a lot of kiosks outside with some flowers. If he could just grab one red rose, he'd be set. Or! Or, he could go to a garden late at night and pick one! Yeah! That's more his style. As much as he hated taking a flower from a garden, he didn't have money like Donnie or Mikey. Those brothers of his were always scavenging the sewers for lost things and money was one of them.

During the evening hours, Raphael went to one of the public gardens that closed around 5pm. It was a perfect time to go pick a rose from one of the thorn bushes.

Once he was surrounded by lilies, tulips, and maybe a few poppies, he found the red roses in their own little corner. Raphael smiled at how many there were, owning his signature color of red. "Cool..." He breathed, searching for the right rose to pick for Y/n. It needed to be neat, clean, free of tears, and the right size.

Then, one caught his eye. It was brighter than the others! The red values of the pedals made him choose it. Carefully, without getting poked by the thorns, Raph plucked the flower from the bush and left in a hurry before security heard some unwanted guests.

Shortly after Raph took the red rose, he rushed back to the lair to find a piece of paper of some kind. He knew Donnie would have some kind of office supplies, so he went and borrowed a pencil and sticky note.

When Raphael had the pencil in his head, hovering about the yellow sticky note, he wasn't sure what to write. "Great..." He mumbled, rubbing the bridge of his nose. From what Splinter had taught him and his brothers, Raph needed to speak from the heart.

Then, he just started writing on the note.

He smirked at it, thinking it was his best. After being fully satisfied with his little note, he booked it out of the lair with the rose and note at hand.

Raphael knew that the chief of police was working, and Y/n must be in her bedroom catching up on her homework. He didn't want to directly hand Y/n the rose and note, he wanted to get this to her through her mother.

The chief is the only way.

Raph patiently sat on top of the apartment complex, waiting for chief Rebecca Vincent to arrive home. Once she does, Raph will hand her the flower so she could give it to her daughter.

Maybe after fifteen minutes of waiting, Raphael recognized the chief's personal car pulling in front of the complex. He didn't hesitate to make his way down to her, greeting the chief with a grand smile. "Evening, Chief," Raph says, standing against the building's walls, using it as cover.

"Oh, Raphael." She exclaimed, locking her car door. "Careful, there's still a little bit of sunlight left." She says, walking toward the complex stairs.

Raph nodded, still holding the flower and note in her right hand. "I know. Um, I came by to ask you a favor."

Rebecca came up to the mutant turtle. "What can I do for you?"

Right away, Raph handed Rebecca the flower and sticky note. "Well... I've been wanting to see Y/n for a while, but I kinda wanted to make it... I dunno, creative. Could you give her the rose and note for me, please? I know it seems a little weird of me, but--"

Y/n's mother smiled, looking at the beautiful slower. "Raph," She says cutting him off. "I think she'll love this. I'll give it to her the second I see her inside."

He grinned at the chief. He knew he could rely on her. "Thank you so much."

"Of course." Rebecca nodded, walking up the stairs of the complex and entering the inside.

Raphael rushes to the scaffolding of the complex, the closest he can get to Y/n's bedroom. Peering inside the cozy home, he could see Rebecca handing Y/n the rose and the note while she was doing her homework on her laptop.

The instant smile he saw on Y/n's lips made him smile just as big. She smelled the red plant, taking in its beauty and looking at the sticky note attached to the firm stem.

Y/n read it aloud while her mother listens.

"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢. 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎... 𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗, 𝚈/𝚗."
~ 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕

Rebecca Vincent chuckled, kissing the top of her daughter's head. "That was really sweet of him."

"Yeah," Y/n replied. "I think he's sweet, too..." That grin would not come off of her face.

****

"My shell is cracked! Just tape it up."