ꜱʜᴀʀɪɴɢ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ (𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋)

A/N: What's your worst subject in school?

Grizzy: MATH, MATH, MATH. College math is a JOKE... But I must take it to graduate with my degree.

****

Since that night Y/n received a very beautiful red rose from Raphael, she thought differently of him; a wonderful heart does sit inside that turtle. After she finished her school work for the week on her laptop, she decided to go to the lair where she would find each turtle brother doing their own special thing. When she walked in, Y/n saw Leonardo meditating in the center of the lair, surrounded by candles. She made sure to be quiet around him.

Y/n saw Donnie messing around with his fancy tools and gadgets underneath the Taratruga truck since it was facing some upgrades from him. She didn't want to disturb him. Mikey played with his keyboard, jamming out to a few tunes he created himself, and then, Y/n heard Raphael grunting in the dojo where most of the weapons were located. 

"Raphael?" She says his name as she gets closer to the dojo, witnessing her mutant pal mess around with his sais for his daily training. "Raph, I'm here."

Raphael hardly heard Y/n coming through the lair, or even her saying his name. He slipped off his headphones and smiled the second his eyes laid on her. He could feel his heart skipping a beat. "Y/n, hey! You made it." He huffed and puffed, sitting down on the nearest bench to take a break. "How 'ya been?" Raph asked her.

Y/n sat down beside him, shrugging at his question. "Pretty good, I guess. I just finished some schoolwork before coming here. My mom went to work earlier this morning and now I'm here." She grinned.

"Well, it's great to hear you're doing good." He pats her shoulder gently, sighing out loud as he leans over his knees. "Leo has been kicking our asses when it comes to training."

"Something the matter?" Y/n asked Raph.

"Oh, no," He said. "It's just I've always..." He couldn't find the right words. "I do not like taking orders all the time, especially from him. To be honest, I never said this to April or my brothers; but I've always hoped that Sensei would make me the team leader... but who am I to lead the four ninja team? I'm short-tempered and I'm impatient with details." Raphael lowered his head, thinking he probably wasn't suitable to be a leader. "Splinter chose Leo for a reason and I have to accept that."

Y/n didn't say anything after that, she just listened and processed what her mutant friend had said. Before replying, she thought of what to say. "So, you have kept this to yourself? It's a secret you've kept?"

Raph nodded, looking down at her on the bench as he fiddled with his thumbs. "Yeah, pretty much." Then, he began to chuckle because he felt comfortable telling Y/n another secret of his. He just hopes she doesn't laugh at him for it. "Believe it or not," He paused. "I have a journal under my mattress full of detailed fantasies. Fantasies that include being accepted and what it would be like up there on the surface." He explained, imagining his hand moving up and down on paper, creating words of meaning. "I don't like to think of it as a diary. That's a... Girl thing."

Y/n liked the secrets that he was sharing with her. Raphael likes to write his thoughts and fantasies down in journals. Y/n was now wondering what kind of a writer her new friend was and hoped that he'd one day let her read what he had written in a spiral notebook. If he is telling her about this, then he is building great trust for her. "Raph, I think that's great. I heard that writing things down can help someone a lot."

He smiled at her. "Yeah," But now, it was time for Y/n to share a secret or two with Raphael. "Well, what about you? Got anything to share?"

Y/n grinned and thought of something that did bother her sometimes. Ever since she met Raph and his brothers, she no longer felt so deep into that issue. "Well," She started off, folding her hands together. "With my mom being the head of police... I don't have any friends, besides you guys."

Raphael thought that was odd. Someone like Y/n deserved to have at least a few friends but after hearing she has no human friends, it sort of saddened Raph. "No one's friends with you because you're the chief's daughter?"

Y/n nodded. "Pretty much. I guess it isn't so much of a secret... To me, anyway." She says. "Whittling has kept me close to my grandfather, gaming distracts me from my terrible reality without friends, and I do online school... and there are times that I just want a human friend." She licked her chapped lips, thinking of what else to say. "But there are times I don't want a human friend because I have you and your brothers. I really appreciate you accepting me into the family, Raph."

Raph smiled at his human friend, placing an arm around her. "You always got me, Y/n. And you're welcome. Thank you for accepting us, too."

"Of course," She says, eyeballing the sais that sat in his left hand. "And... you wanna know another secret?" Y/n asked, pulling away from Raph's side hug.

"What's that?" He said.

"I've always wanted to try out martial arts." She chuckled.

"Consider it done." Raph grinned wider at her. "I'll be the best mentor you've ever had."

Y/n felt like her bond with Raphael was getting a whole lot stronger with Raphael since they had their little secret chat. She enjoyed the small and sweet moments she had with him, getting to know him more as a person than a turtle. And she didn't realize how much they had in common when it came to wanting to be accepted by people-- that's what interested her more about him.

****

Some inspiration!

I know it doesn't sound easy to move on, but no one said it was going to be easy. But it'll be easy when you learn to love yourself.

But if you're trying to be friends (friends or exes) with someone and there is something you don't like about them, tell them to fix it because it'll cause problems between both of you. If they don't fix it at all, leave them because they don't care. Let them go no matter how much it hurts.

Move on because you deserve better.