Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ (𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐎)

A/N: Do you play or have you played an instrument? If so, what kind?

Grizzy: Cello and percussion

****

Y/n. Some would call her Y/n Jones because she spent too much time with her best friend, Casey Jones.

She ran through Times Square, laughing as her friends were following behind her with their backpacks and music. "Y/n!" They called, sprinting through the crowds as they jumped over obstacles such as railings, benches, stairs-- the city was their playground.

Y/n ran ahead of her group, leaving in the crowds of New York and finding her freedom in Central Park. She climbed the toughest trees, making her to the top of one and finding herself at a high level.

She takes in a deep breath, feeling the fresh air and getting a whiff of whatever food or odd odor that was nearby. The feeling of feeling weightless always gave her an adrenaline rush that she couldn't describe. But if she had to, it would be 'not having to worry'.

"Ah..." She lets out her sigh, looking at the view from the thick branch she stood on. "Another day, another--" Her phone suddenly chimes in her pocket. Y/n rolled her eyes, knowing who it was that is getting her attention. After grabbing her phone and answering the call, she brings it to her ear. "Yes, my wonderful buddy?" She says, unfortunately having to drain out the city noises that she loved so much.

"You were supposed to be back home an hour ago, Y/n." He says to her through the call.

"Sorry! I lost track of time." She laughed, beginning to climb down the tree. "Besides, have you forgotten that I work tonight?"

Casey groans through the phone, remembering that his best friend, who is practically his sister works a part-time job to pay for her own phone bill, and expenses when it came to living with him.

The main reason why Y/n lived with a young man like Casey is that her family was involved in a fatal car accident just five years ago. But before that, Y/n's parents and Casey's parents were the best of friends, letting their children grow up together.

She is happy to be living with a family that accepts her for who she is. Y/n is one of the Jones.

The only way for her to cope with her mother and father's deaths was a thing called parkour...maybe some dance, too. These things were a way for her to forget the horror, the bad news she received that night. It helped in some ways but there were moments where it was hard for her to forget.

Parkour made her feel like she could run far from her memories, far from the pain.

Dancing allowed her to express her emotions, feeling the musical beat and tempo.

Once her feet met the ground, she answered Casey. "I'll see you later tonight for dinner, right?" She starts walking toward her friends who were wondering where she had gone moments ago.

Casey answered. "Okay, yeah. Sorry for not remembering that you worked tonight."

"No worries." Y/n smiled. "I'll see you later, Case." She lowered the phone, ended the call, and stuffs it into her pocket. The sweat on her forehead and temples drizzled down her face, indicating she had a great game of parkour with her group. "I'm calling it a day, guys."

"Already?" One of her guy friends groaned. "Y/n you never hang out with us anymore."

Y/n scoffed. "Oh, come on. I was just hanging out with you all today! And I think everyone I know is starting to forget that I have a part-time job, now."

The group of four had upside-down smiles upon their faces, crossing their arms. "Y/n, we are not sure if you can join the parkour group anymore." Another said to her.

Y/n's expression is blank. "What? What do you mean?" She asked, taking a step back.

"We're sorry, Y/n." A girl from the group says sadly. "If you can barely make it to our free hangouts, then we have no choice but to take you off the list back at NYN."

The girl shook her head. "Guys, no. New York Ninja is my second home. It means a lot to me!"

"Apparently, not..." Says another member.

Y/n swallowed the lump in her throat. "You're kicking me off the team because I have to take care of myself?" She looks at them all, seeing they are staring at the ground in silence. "Some friends..." Y/n turned away from them, disappearing into a crowd of people. She didn't want to look back at the old group she used to associate with.

Y/n didn't understand their thinking; kicking her out of the parkour group because she needed to go to work and take care of herself.

From Central Park, Y/n walked herself to her job where she would clean up, clock in, and start her shift as a cashier at Joe's Pizza.

She didn't have to worry about paying New York Ninja every month now that she had been taken off their team.

All she needed to worry about was getting a paycheck, buying groceries, paying her phone bill, and she will be golden.

Besides walking, she owned a bike with the desired color paint designs.

After working long shifts at Joe's Pizza, Y/n would walk back home, doing what she can to avoid conflict.

When she walked in through the door, Casey would be there waiting for her to greet him. "Hey," He smiled, looking at his friend from the couch. "How was work?"

Y/n had a gloomy expression on her face. She is still bummed out for what the NYN Parkour group had done today before she went to work. She shut the door, locking it. "Work was tiring as always. At least I got $58.00 in tips." she tried to smirk.

Casey gets up from the couch. "What's going on? You're usually jumpy after a long day."

"I got kicked off the NYN team, Casey. That's why I am not happy." She says, taking her work cap off and setting it on the kitchen counter.

"Why would they do that? You've been there for five years." Casey says.

Y/n laughs, agreeing with Casey. "Yeah, I know. I'm off the team because I'm adulting. You know? Screwing around-- running around New York like I am some kind of frickin' vigilante." She says, walking to her room where she placed her things down on the floor. Casey is in the hall, listening to her rant.

When Y/n mentioned 'vigilante', he tried his best to hide any form of reaction. "Y/n," He says, itching his head. "Let's just have dinner with Mom and Dad and we'll talk more about this tomorrow, okay?"

Y/n looks at her older friend, nodding at him. "Okay,"

****

"Have you seen that video where the cat plays 'Chopsticks' with the chopsticks?"