Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ (𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎)

Q: You got any squishmallows? 🤭

Grizzy: Two bears, one duck, one horse, a Blue Jay, and ONE MASSIVE COW

****

Now that Y/n has been introduced to Donatello--the proper way is what Donnie said... It was already time for her to see him again. She thought that there would be another time gap, a few days at least before visiting with him again. This time, she isn't just going to see him.

"Y/n!" Vernon called from the kitchen.

Right away, Y/n came out of her room with her lounging clothes on. "Yeah?"

"Get dressed, sweetheart," Vern says, strapping his watch on his wrist. "We're gonna head to the lair."

"The lair?" Y/n asked her father, confused about that specific word.

"Where Donnie and his family live." Vern clarified for his daughter. "Splinter wants to meet you and so do the others."

Y/n didn't even get a heads up about this. Vern just spat this information at her and expects her to get dressed and head to a place she has never been to... At least someone she knows will be there besides her Dad. With Donnie being there, it made things less questionable and not so awkward.

But after Y/n put on some very comfortable clothing which would be more
casual; a grey cardigan with a white shirt underneath, and a pair of skinny jeans with her best uggs, she was ready.

Vern guided his daughter to the manhole cover of where the lair was, teaching her the route and showing her how to be careful of her surroundings if she was to visit the mutants. He was the first one to enter the underground home, greeting Splinter and Leo first. "Hey, guys. Good to see you."

"It's good to see you, too, Vern." Leo nodded at the cameraman. "How's work with April?"

"Same old." Vern shrugged, forgetting his daughter was right behind him listening.

As Leo spoke with Vern for a few seconds, the first thing Y/n saw was a wall of monitors-- maybe 20 of them in all with different parts of the city. She smirked, amazed at the organization and creativity that had been put into this. "Whoa." She muttered, scanning the little area. Y/n has a background of being an artist and being tech-savvy. She's in love with the setup, the number of trinkets in their own little drawers or containers, and the lab just a few steps behind the monitors. What really caught her eye was the size of the office chair made of skateboards. Just examining the shape of the piece of furniture told her that this was made for an oversize mutant turtle and its large shell. "This is badass..." She whispered, placing her fingertips on the back of the chair.

"I think it's badass, too." A voice says behind Y/n.

She turned around and saw Donnie standing a few feet from her. This time, she could see every detail of him now that he is standing in the light. "Donnie, hey." She smiled. "Yeah, this is...wow. I'm astounded!"

Then, Donnie explained what each monitor did. The basic reason he had these up was to ensure his family's safety and so far these computers haven't failed him since he and his family moved to this part of the sewers. "Thanks. It took some time but it was worth the while." He says, pulling up the office chair in front of his desk. Then, he saw one of his brothers coming up behind Y/n. "Oh, Y/n. This is one of my older brothers, Raphael."

Raph wore a red bandana and he was much bulkier than Donnie. "Hey," He says to Y/n. "You must be Y/n."

"I am," Y/n says.

"Huh..." Raph looked Y/n up and down very quickly before looking at Donnie. "Yeah, you're right, Don. She's a good match for you."

"Raph! She's just a friend." Don exclaimed, watching his brother walk away from the monitors. "Don't mind him, Y/n. He has no filter."

Y/n chuckled at Donnie, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. "I don't mind a little bit of fun talk."

Then, the leader himself found Y/n hanging out with Donnie. Respectfully, Leo bowed to Y/n. "Nice to meet you, Y/n." He says. "I hope Donnie isn't giving you too much trouble."

The young girl glanced at Donnie, winking at him for the second time since they'd met. Don lightly chuckled at her little wink. She looks back at Leo. "No, he's a sweetheart." She grinned at the leader.

"Did I hear 'sweetheart'?" Says another voice. It was Mikey coming to join the meet and greet with Y/n. "Ms. Fenwick," Mikey says, walking up to her. "You must be the lucky gal Donnie talks about!"

This is getting a whole lot more engrossing. "So, it seems I'm not the only chatterbox." Y/n smiled ear to ear, making Donnie nervous.

"Heh-heh..." Donnie quickly got up from his chair as his cheeks burned red. "Y/n, I'll take you to meet our Dad. He's aching to meet you." He placed a hand on her shoulder and guided Y/n through the lair. He looked over his shoulder to see Leo and Mikey are whispering to each other, giggling and cracking small jokes. It was a good thing Donnie got Y/n out of there.

Y/n has seen Splinter when she walked into the lair, but she never came face to face with him until now. She saw the black and yellow robe covering his body, she noticed his face was well-groomed, and his energy was very calming.

She was captivated the whole time Splinter introduced himself and informed Y/n about how great it was to finally meet her. For a while now, he and his sons have known about Y/n ever since Vern became friends with them. They were kept a secret for a long time and now, there are no more secrets.

Y/n can finally be included with Donnie and his family and she is honored to be welcomed into the family.

Shortly after meeting Splinter and the rest of the family, Vern said it was time to get back home for the evening. Eventually, Y/n will see the family of mutants again.

Just as Y/n was about to follow behind her father, Donnie called out to her gently. "Hey, Y/n."

She turned around, facing upward to his hazel eyes. "Yeah?"

"It was great seeing you again," Donnie said.

"You, too, Don." Y/n beamed at him. "We'll see each other soon."

"Awesome." He gave her a thumbs-up before she left the lair with her father Vern.

****

"We're mutants!"