12.

(A/N: the rest of this story is uploaded from mobile, that was prewritten on OneNote. Sorry if there is any formatting issues)

This is the only week I have to myself before I start school pretty much. Jesse told me he was in town but he was handling his business arrangements. So I haven't been doing anything too exciting.

The last week of the internship was a little bitter sweet, it was a fun internship. Asa was able to put in a word for me, so I was able to get the money that Joe and Terrance didn't get. We got paid for our time being there, and because half way through the program, they only came for 2 days. So I got an extra thousand dollars. I bought my bedroom set that I wanted, and that was all of that check. I was going to be in my room most of the time anyway.

I was looking at living room furniture when Jesse called me.

"Hey, how are things going?"

He gave me a thumbs up.

"Ooo, someone has been wearing their mask I see." I pointed.

I could see the Chromeskull mask in the background, but someone came and closed it.

'I plan to see you soon.' He told me.

"That's great, I finally finished my room." I showed him the view of my room.

'That white looks lovely, although I notice you love wearing black.' He messaged.

Before I got the chance to say something, someone called him to tell him something.

'Have to go catch some fish.'

"If you say so, later love."

He waved before blowing me a kiss, then we got off the call.

I got up to go get me some lunch from the diner closest to my place.

When I got there I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with fries. I was doing a job application for the same job I've been working since I been here at this university. It's a bookstore, not the school bookstore, but very similar. They have everything you need for school, and more books, by default they sell school gear.

It was still the same manager so I was instantly hired. It was a great part-time job for a student. You can pick when you want to work and it's $15/hr. I started working next week, so I had to set up my paperwork.

I finished my food so I can go home to finish my paperwork for work. I went online to see how much extra funds I had in my tuition funds. When I checked it was way more in my account than what it was supposed to be so I called up to administration.

"Oh you and 4 other students got anonymous scholarships from one of our school sponsors. Whatever you account balance shows, it's correct." The man told me.

'Did you give me a scholarship?' I texted Jesse

'…maybe'

'I have a scholarship that covers 5 years, plus extra scholarships. That's just extra moneys that's coming to my pockets. Thank you though, that means I can furnish my place quicker.'

'I can help with that too.'

'Whatever'

So I finish my paperwork, I didn't need to have any of it go towards tuition now that Jesse added extra money to my account.

Out of nowhere, my phone chimed, I thought it was Jesse. Until I saw the picture of a butterfly slowly emerging.

'On my way.' I texted him, it was Asa.

I put on some shoes and walked over to the lab.

Asa met me outside of the lab, handing me one of his spare lab coats.

"You just knew that I didn't bring mines." I said as I slipped it on.

"I knew you would be too excited to remember." He smirked a bit.

I went inside the lab and looked at the butterfly coming out of the cocoon it made for itself weeks prior.

"Too bad they take a long time to come out, I'd watch the whole process." I said as I looked at the soon to be butterfly.

I went around the lab to look at all the insects, that's when someone else came in.

"Rayvn, this is Mrs. Glasse, she is one of the new science professors. She's going to be taking charge of all the student based studies." Asa introduced me.

I gave her a slight wave, before turning back to the spiders I started the internship with.

I reached in and grabbed it, Mrs. Glasse went to warn me about doing that.

"Hey, I wouldn't do that if I were you. You don't know what that is." She said a little loudly.

"I've been looking after this one for 10 weeks, I have at least a slight clue as to what it is." I smiled at the spider crawling up my arm.

"That don't mean you can come in here and just pick things up without permission." She said.

"Oh you are so right," I turned to Asa," Dr. Emory, is it alright if I pick up the Gooty sapphire?"

"Yes, you can. I suppose to be receiving another one during the first semester." He informed me.

"Oh that's awesome, I hate they're so dangerous, I'd love to have one. They're so pretty, this blue." I placed it back in the tank.

I sat down at one of the tables in the lab.

"You would think I wouldn't even be back in there considering the Internship ended almost a week ago." I said watching him looking through a microscope.

"Yes, I have to get used to feeding everything all over again. That was until today, Dr. Glasse will also be taking care of," he manage to release a big sigh, "your precious babies."

"Oh yes, my babies. Yeah, I have no clue as to what to do with my life now, so I'm just waiting for school to start. Oh with that being said, I have my old job back, at the bookstore." I told him.

"Congratulations." He said.

"Alright, Dr. Emory," I exaggerated his name, "I'll see you later, enjoy the rest of you day."

"You too." He said.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Glasse." I walked passed her.

"You too." She said tight lipped.

I eyed her for a second before I walked off.

'Feisty doll, I think I like.' Jesse texted.

'Oh shut up.'

'Bug boi don't like her either apparently.'

'Well, Asa likes no one, except me and you ofc.'

'Maybe, you come spend the night with me this weekend?'

'Yeah, why not'

'Look forward to seeing you, doll.'

'Look forward to seeing you, chrome face.'

We got off the phone, and the rest of the day was uneventful.