20.

My first day of classes was rather long and boring. I didn't have any of the same teachers considering I finally declared my major. I decided to go towards the medical field, and become a doctor. I wasn't sure how I should classify it, but it's mainly so I can patch up my two hunks of men. If all else fails, I'm going to be a doctor.

I had 1 more class left for the day, but it was an hour between my two classes. I decided to go see Asa, we've already discussed everything. He doesn't mind our relationship being public, but he isn't into PDA, which I can understand.

Good thing about me becoming a medical major, I have some classes in the science building. My last two classes are, how lucky can I get.

I had a few professors stop be on the way to Asa's office asking me how's class been and whose my teacher. I walked passes the break room and had to backtrack when I noticed the tall, brow haired male.

"Can I help you?" One professor said.

"No, I'm just looking for someone." I set my eyes on Asa briefly, before looking back to the man in front of me.

"I doubt who you're looking for is in here, this is for staff only." He told me.

It was only 4 people in the breakroom currently. Two people were talking, Asa was getting coffee, and the man talking to me was at the vending machine.

"I know, thank you." I looked towards Asa and left the room.

I waited outside of the breakroom before I saw Asa storming out of there.

"Careful there, I don't want hot coffee spilled on me." I teased.

His glare soften a bit, but considering his glare is always hard, you couldn't really tell unless you know him.

"Hey little bug." He touched the top of my head.

"Hmmm, must be stressful you're using pet names." I pushed him a bit with my elbow as we walked down the hall.

"You have no idea. From students not knowing where they're going, teachers not understanding some of their materials. Not having my lab to myself anymore." He talked a little about his day until we got to the lab.

He gave me his spare lab coat and I put on my shoe covers, the teacher I met during the summer was in there.

"Ms. Glasse right?" I asked her.

"Mrs. Glasse." She corrected.

"Alright." I shrugged, going over to the microscope Asa was sitting down by.

He let me take a look at the larvae in the petri dish.

"Is it suppose to look like that?" It looked red.

"No, I'm trying to see what caused them to have this reaction." Asa sighed behind me.

"Well, where's your control?" I asked him.

"They've hatched, these aren't dead yet they won't grow passed this stage." He went to the case with moths flying around.

"Well, I know you checked every variable, but can I run everything by you?" I asked.

He grabbed his clipboard and we tried to eliminate each of the unlikely causes. Time went by fast, but that didn’t change the intense feeling on the back of my neck.

"Alright, I have to go to my last class now. Hopefully you'll figure out what it is, see you later." I took off his coat.

"Pay attention in class." He said.

"Yes, Dr. Emory." I teased as I left the lab.

I got to my last class and then I head home. Jesse told me how he's going to be busy these first
weeks, then he's going back home.

I had my laptop opened and he watched me as I went through everything from the day. Currently, I was putting all of my professors contact information in my phone. I only had one homework assignment, it was fairly easy. So as I did it, I explained to it Jesse.

It was more so to help me better understand it. If I can explain it properly, then I know I understand it. He just nodded as I talked, I'm sure he wasn't really paying attention considering he was setting up another location for the college piggies, as he calls them.

I heard his phone chime, and mines as well. It must be Asa texting the group chat.

Master: This bitch keeps trying to flirt with me.

Me: Isn't she married? She made sure to say MRS. loud and clear.

Master: That's what I said…

Daddy: I hear your grumbling from here old man.

Master: Jesse…

Master: You. Are. Older. Than. Me!

Daddy: Ok, we don't need you having an aneurism.

Me: Are you still in the lab?

Master: Yes, why?

Me: You want me to come bring you some coffee with your favorite rum in it?

Master: Please, thank you.

Daddy: YOU STOLE MY RUM!?

Me: 😁 love you too.

I put my phone down and fixed Asa's coffee, making my way to the science building. Entering the lab, I saw him with his hands over his face.

"Did you figure out the variable?" I asked him.

Both Mrs. Glasse and Dr. Emory looked up towards me.

"No, I didn't actually." He leaded back in his desk chair.

"Well, did all the larvae come from the same moth?" I handed him the coffee.

"Yes." He said.

"Well, could it just be that something caused them to mutate. Like one of them was unhealthy and it spread to the others. Because they aren't dead, just not growing. What did you put on them?" I was once again trying to help him figure out what was wrong.

Eventually Mrs. Glasse spoke up.

"I didn't know that you sprayed them, I sprayed them as well." She admitted.

"And you feel the need to say this now. I've been working on this all day. Why didn't you check the log, or even put what you did down on the log?" Asa questioned her.

"I wasn't aware of the log." She said.

"When you conduct experiments, you don't write anything down?" Asa squinted at her.

"I do, I guess I just forgot to do it." Her voice got quiet as Asa predator vibes were radiating through the air.

"You can't forget in experiments, I have to restart this one." He put all of his equipment away, grabbing an empty notebook.

"Alright, well, I'm going to go head back home and be lazy. Let me know if you need anything." I told him.

"I'm going to be leaving soon, but stay safe. It's getting dark out." His eyes had some amusement.

"Good night, Dr. Emory." I left the lab.

As I walked home, I noticed a shadow following behind me. Quickly turning around, I saw the Chromeskull mask. He gave me a creepy wave, but I laughed and waved back. He walked up to me, picking me up.

"How nice, an escort home." I teased.

He just gave me an eskimo(?) kiss with his mask. He took me home and waved goodbye before turning back to campus, looking for a victim.

I went upstairs to my room and took a shower. I got my things ready for class tomorrow, including putting my clothes out. I went to the kitchen, making some pizza rolls. I ate them quickly getting something to drink. I went to sleep soon after I lay down.