3.

I was up early again, but a little later than yesterday. I took my shower and my hair was still in a braided bun, so I didn't have to do my hair. Today I put on another cropped long sleeve and high waisted black leggings. I went to get my breakfast norm and headed to the conference room.

As I expected, I was the only one in here. I saw Dr. Emory walk pass the conference room, I guess his office is close by. I listened to music while I waited for 9 o'clock to come. The boys came at 8:57, chugging down some energy drinks. They were talking to each other when Dr. Emory came in and 'greeted' us.

"I hope you all did your assignments, you'll be feeding today." He said.

No other words were spoken as we followed him to the lab. I put my lab coat on, buttoning it up, I really like my coat if I'm honest. I put on my shoe covers and grabbed the goggles, putting them on my head. I looked over towards the gloves and saw there weren't any small gloves.

"The school has to order more gloves, and there is no telling when they'll be here. You can use mines until they are delivered." Dr. Emory handed me the black gloves.

"Will they be the regular blue gloves?" I asked, pointing towards the large box in the room.

"Yes." His eyes harden a bit, more so in a questioning manner.

"I just really like these black gloves and was going to ask you--" He cut me off.

"No you can't use my gloves for the rest of the program." He spoke.

"No, I was going to ask you what kind were they, and if it was okay if I bought me some of my own to leave here." I corrected him.

"It'll be hard to find these specifically." He said.

"Well what if I gave you the money to buy me some?" I suggested.

He stared at me with those same hardened eyes, debating his answer.

"$10."

"Alright, cash?" I said.

He looked taken back a little, but then gave me a quick yes, he turned to go inside the lab.

I put on his black gloves and made sure I had everything. Dr. Emory was talking to Joe I assumed about his assignment. I walked over to the tank with the blue spider, and just watched it.

Eventually, Dr. Emory made his way over to me and asked me about the species of spiders I had under my study.

"Do you know what this is?" He pointed towards the spider.

"I'm going to butcher the name of it." I said.

"Then give me the non-scientific name."

"Well it's a Gooty sapphire ornamental, and I think it's a male because they say they are more vibrant." I said, hoping I was right.

"Not bad at all, you're surprisingly right. Let's see if you're right for the next one." He spoke softly.

I found that a little interesting about him. His voice is either stern or soft, there is no in between.

"I think it's a Mexican Red-knee tarantula, and I'm not sure on the sex. They say males have smaller bodies, longer legs. But I don't haven't seen enough to know what classify as long." I say.

"It's a female spider, and you're correct on species. Good job. Now diet?" He asked.

"Well, they both eat other insects, so I was thinking crickets or cockroaches." I said.

"Yes, that's suitable, would you like me to guide you threw it?" He got some gloves.

"Yes, please." I told him.