26.

It was Friday, the highly anticipated day of the week. Yesterday I went to the salon and got some matte black nails, with my toenails matching. I always feel fancy when I get my nails done, I washed and blow dried my hair yesterday. So I've been walking around campus with a big lion mane, I was going to straighten it tonight.

In my last class, Mr. Daniels of course, he seemed to act as if he wasn't looking at me. I would constantly catch him looking at me, or my hand. Either way, he was being creepy, but I didn't care. It was the end of class when he said something to me.

"Going out I see." He said.

"Yeah, it should be fun, I have to go get ready. It won't take me long to get ready though. I suppose I'll see when we're getting there." I was thinking out loud.

"Yeah, I'm going to the charity ball tonight, dateless." He said.

"Oh, then I may see you tonight." I told him.

"Students aren't invited." He said.

"Not unless I'm someone's date." I raised an eyebrow.

"Speak of the devil." Mr. Daniels muttered.

It was Asa at the door, although that's not who I was thinking was going to be at the door.

"Oh hey." I said.

"Have you talked to Jesse?" I signed to him.

"Yes, I'm going home." Asa signed.

"You're going to meet us?" I signed.

"Yeah, he should be here." Asa told me.

"Alright." I said.

Jesse appeared behind Asa, I knew Asa knew he was there because of his reaction. He pushed his glasses from over his eyes, to rub his eyes from slight irritation.

"Keep your hands to yourself Cromeans." Asa grumbled.

"Hello to you too, bug boy." Jesse signed.

Asa just sighed and walked away, shaking his head.

"Let's get going doll, we're going to get to the ball around 8:30. It's going to take an hour to get home, an hour to get to the venue. Plus we have to get ready, that leaves us with 2 hours, is that enough time for you?" He texted me.

"Yes sounds good, lets get going." I told Jesse.

We drove to his house a little quicker than expected due to less traffic. When I got there, I took a very quick yet thorough shower. I started to flat iron my hair, using the correct products to make to last without heat damage. Next I did my make up, I kept it simple yet flawless. I had a bold red lip and a brown smoky eye. Highlighting my inner corners, adding a mascara I felt my look was complete. I had about 40 minutes left, so I had Spann help me into my dress and shoes. I put on all my accessories and fixed my hair a bit more for it to be flattering.

Jesse was getting ready in another room. Therefore I had no idea how he looked, he didn't know how I looked. Slipping on my ring, I did a once over in the mirror.

My black dress and my black heels, silver and diamond accessories.

I stepped out of Jesse's room, but he didn't see me just yet, he had his back turned towards the stairs.

"Is Asa waiting for us?" I asked as I stepped down the stars.

Jesse turned to around to answer but, short circuited. He put his hands up to sign, but never actually made the sign. He settled for mouthing 'wow' to me. I laughed at him, doing a turn for him, so he can have a 360 view.

"Let's go before we never leave." Jesse finally got out.

We went to his car, but someone was driving us, I was quiet the whole way to the venue, just looking out of the window of the car. Occasionally I would look at Jesse, but he would just kiss my hand.
When he got there, the driver opened the door for us, and they had someone outside taking pictures of everyone that walked in. We posed and continued to walk inside, we had to find Asa.

We found him over by the bar, having his ears talked off by Mrs. Glasse.

"We're here." I tapped Asa on his shoulder.

He turned to look as us, and short circuited as well, although Asa had more control over his reaction.

"You look lovely." He said.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." I reached out to grab him.

We had to go around making small talk with everyone. I was holding Jesse's hand while my right arm was looped with Asa's. Everyone asked if we were here together, you could see the shock on their faces. After maybe the seventh person, I wanted to rest my feet a bit.

I found the table reserved for Jesse, and took a seat, sipping from the bottles of water they had on the tables. I heard someone clear their throat from beside me, so I turned to look at the person.

Of course, it was Mr. Daniels, or should I say Timothy.

"Hello Mr. Daniels." I spoke to him.

"I almost didn't recognize you if I didn't get closer. Might I ask who are here with tonight?" He tried to make conversation.

"Well, you can read the name on the table card." I motioned to him.

"Jesse Cromeans, so you came here with the rich guy?" He said.

"Hmm, which one?" I laughed a bit.

"What do you mean?" Timothy was confused.

"Nothing, you wouldn't get it." I waved him off.

"So where is your date?" He went on to ask.

I turned my attention to the crowd, it's not hard to find a 6'7, bald guy. Just my luck, Jesse and Asa was heading my way, so I just smiled at them.

"Hey, you two remember Mr. Daniels, he came over to say 'hi'." I told to the two behemoths.

Jesse stuck his hand out to shake, Asa just gave him a standard greeting.

"Well, uhhh, I better get going. Enjoy your night." Timothy said before he lost himself in the crowd.

Jesse and Asa sat down and signed about the people they already met and how they wish they could just say 'fuck off'. It was amusing watching them trash talk these people of the party. Soon they started to serve the food, it was only Jesse, Asa, and me at the table. So we still just talked amongst ourselves.

We talked a little while the speakers were on stage, but I was waiting to dance with them. Once the slow music came on, I dragged the two of them to the dance floor. Carefully I stood on Jesse's toes, wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt Asa pressed against my back, and left hand on my waist. Jesse's hand joined Asa's on my waist, and they held hands with the other. We got odd looks, but we were just swaying from side to side, talking.

"They have a photo booth, we have to take pictures.." I whispered to them.

I turned my head towards Asa because Jesse's hands were occupied.

"Once we're finished dancing, we can take the professional pictures as well." Asa was looking in the direction of the professional set up.

We danced for about 3 more songs before we all got drinks. Asa wasn't miserable, but he just hated social gatherings. Me and Jesse danced more to the upbeat songs, Asa watched, smirking at us. We took our pictures too, most of them were silly but we all took a copy for ourselves. I took pictures on my phone. We left early, because I started to get tired. It was midnight, so Jesse and Asa wasn't complaining.

Asa took an Uber here, because he knew he was going to come back with us. So we all got in the car, and all the drinks I had was making me sleepy. By the time we got home, Asa carried me in and placed me on Jesse's bed. Asa took a shower and Jesse ran me a bath, considering I was tipsy and sleepy, I wasn't going to do anything. Jesse placed me in the bath, and washed me up, then joined Asa in the shower.

Asa got out of the shower and washed the makeup off of my face, scooping me out of the tub. He wrapped me in a towel then laid me on the bed. Pulling the covers back, Asa climbed in the bed with me. I scooted closer to him, going to sleep on his chest. Last thing I heard was Asa laughing at Jesse, I assume because I went to sleep without him.