6.

I woke up a little later than I planned, therefore I didn't get time to do my hair. I just gathered my curls and put it in a high messy bun. It was supposed to be around 95 degrees today.

I've learned that I'm going to be cold regardless in the lab, no matter what I'm wearing. So I pulled out a dark blue flowy dress that stop right above my knees. Slipping on some black canvas shoes, I looked over my outfit.

I didn't look too bad, but I was missing something. I grabbed my black choker with the gold butterfly on it.

I left out and instantly felt the heat. I stayed in the shade as most as I could. I managed to not sweat before I got to the science building.

I got to the lab and it was already 9, so I knew to go to the lab. Asa was punctual, so I knew that technically I was late. Hopefully he'll let it go.

I put on my lab coat and gloves, carrying the goggles with me.

"Why are you late?" Asa asked as soon as I entered the lab.

"Slept later than I thought, plus trying not to die in that heat walking here. My apologies though, it won't happen again." I answered him.

He gave me a stare, but not to long turned to go something else.

I went to look at my 'babies' feeding chart and Asa hadn't fed them yet. So I turned to get their food from the storage.

"Someone got dolled up today, got a date later?" Joe joked.

"If you call this dolled up, I really wonder what you call it if I put some effort in." I shook my head a bit.

"Looks like some effort to me." Terrance added.

"The only effort I put into this was this, my choker. I threw my hair up into a messy bun, and grabbed the first dress I saw." I admit.

"Looks pretty nice to me." Terrance said.

"Thank you." I'd rather not have this conversation.

"I wonder what your perspective on dolled up is." Terrance went on.

"How about I get dolled up tomorrow? Then you'll see." I teased.

"I won't be here tomorrow." He sound defeated.

"Sounds like a 'you' problem." I shrugged and put my hands up.

"So you're going get dolled up for no one?" Terrance puffed.

"I have my babies here." I moved over to the next tank.

"And Mr. Emory." Joe added and they both laughed.

I laughed with them and not for the same reason. They knew that so they looked at me oddly.

"You guys are so disrespectful and don't even know it. Or you do and just really don't care." I shook my head at them, closing the lid to the tank.

"How are we disrespectful?" Terrance seemed defensive.

"Well the most obvious one is calling DOCTOR Emory, Mr. Emory." I went to the other tank with the beetles.

"Okay, what's the big deal?" Joe brushed it off.

"If I went to school as long as I did to get my doctorates degrees. Then to have someone that KNOWS I have it, still call me the wrong prefix. That's just disrespectful. He didn't work so hard to be called Mister. What the hell!?" I said the last part lowly.

"What do you like him or something?" Joe snickered.

"It's not about whether I like him or not. If it were me, I'd feel you'd be blatantly disrespecting me. Correcting you numerous of times and you don't fix it. Hmm." I shook my head.