11.

I woke up feeling good, I got up to a message from Jesse.

'Wake up sleeping beauty.'

'Sleeping beauty is a rape victim.'

'Well, wake up doll... is that better?'

'Much, I have to get ready so I can go tend to your Bug Boi.'

'Yes, since I can't do it myself.'

'NO, not like that, BAD JESSE.'

'😘 have a good day doll'

I finally got up and got dressed, made myself breakfast then headed towards the lab.

I just remembered Joe and Terrance would be there as soon as I saw them.

"Hey guys, how's football practice going?" I greeted them.

"Torturous, we have a new coach that got us doing all sorts of drills. It's getting better though." Joe said.

"Oh that's good." I felt my phone chime

'Those boys are up to no good.'

'You are such a stalker, and I already know that sweet cheeks.'

'I have my eyes on you.'

Attached was a screenshot of the camera he sees me in.

'And Asa too.'

Not too long, Asa came for us, looking as if he loathe Terrance and Joe.

"Ahh yes, today is the day where it all begins." I remember the butterflies.

"Some of them are already starting." Asa said.

"Oh my gosh, move." I push pass Asa a bit.

Terrence and Joe was lost of course, they didn't even come any last week.

I heard Asa filling them in on what's going on, but he didn't really have any assignments to do.

They just sat and talked a bit, looking at everything that's new.

"Oh man, I hope I get to see them hatch. These take 14 to 21 days huh?" I turned to ask Asa.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." He said.

"Ah man, oh well, I'll just keep in touch." I shrugged.

I started to do my rounds of feedings, then helping Asa, as I normally do. Joe and Terrance also assisted with moving things, but only a little.

Of course, once lunch time came they disappeared, so I turned to Asa with a cheeky smile.

"What is it?" He said, already sensing the bullshit.

"What do you call a fly without wings?" My smile got bigger.

Asa just stared at me, waiting for the punchline.

"A walk." I bussed out laughing at the corny joke.

Asa pulled out his phone then looked around the lab.

"Let's go." He said firmly.

"Alright." I had all my gear off.

"That smoothie was really nice yesterday, you want to go there again?" He asked me.

"YES." I instantly said.

We drove there and I ordered some chow mein with chicken and the same smoothie. Asa got the same, and we went back to the science building to eat. We ate in his office but we both were struggling with the chop sticks. We had forks, but we asked for chopsticks to see if we could eat with them. I was slowly getting used to them, Asa hands dwarfed the chopsticks.

"You could snap those chopsticks like a twig." I laughed a bit.

"It's so hard not to, I can't see myself eating like this often." He said.

'He's only doing it for you doll, take him out of his misery.'

'Stop spying.'

"I think I'm going to switch to my fork, I'm not eating the quantity I'd prefer." I said.

I took the chopsticks out of Asa's hands as well, handing him the fork.

"Thank you." He said lowly.

"No problem." I gave him a smile and continued to eat.

We ate in silence before we went back to the lab.

The rest of the day was uneventful, just texting Jesse and watching things on TV.

I went to sleep easy that night as well, ready for the next day.4