17.

I woke up feeling fully rested, yet missed being sandwiched between to behemoths of men. I got dressed and went to work, I decided to work everyday this week. Then adjust as soon as I make my class schedule. I put on my uniform and ate a small breakfast, heading out to work.

Getting there at my usual time, I saw Heather there, sporting a dark blue wig.

"Morning, I see you had a good day yesterday." I said to Heather.

"Oh yes, last night I made a thousand dollars." She had some gum in her mouth.

"Sounds nice, what do you plan to do with it?" I asked her.

"Make a payment for my boob job, I'm almost done paying it off. Once that's done, I plan go get my ass done." She said.

"Well, you should try to work at more than one club, going in on there hot nights. Once school start, the clubs will be hot." I told her.

"How do you know?" She asked me.

"You aren't the only person I know that works in a club. More students than you think, works at a club. I just can't see myself doing it, plus I have morning classes." I said.

"Oh yeah, you have no life." She said under her breathe.

"Hmm, you are very judgmental to someone you know nothing about." I tilted my head.

"Well, if you aren't a low life then how about we go clubbing tonight?" She offered

"I rather not, I don't like to go out that much." I told her.

"Exactly." She walked away.

"ExAcTly, bitch." I mocked her as I finish setting up the display.

When the store opened, we had a lot of the staff members come in, so I was helping a lot of them find everything they need. That’s when my first favorite walked in the store.

"Hello Dr. Emory, what can I help you find today?" I kept it neutral with him.

"I need to buy some more clipboards and pens. Did you need anything for school yet?" He asked me.

"Well, I plan to buy some more notebooks and stuff. I'm going to get that from Walmart for fifty cents. Now, you can buy me some of the nike shorts that just came in today. Maybe a new water bottle?" I grinned at him.

"I have never seen you with a water bottle." He deadpanned at me.

"That's because my roommate stole it before she left for the summer. I always have one with me in class." I told him.

"I suppose, show me where everything is." He huffed a bit.

I showed him the things he wanted first, the clipboard and pens. Then we went to the clothes and he got me 3 pairs shorts, he got a tank top for me, and bought a sweatshirt for me and Jesse.

"You don't want any school attire?" I asked him.

"No, I don't wear any of this stuff, you know that." I said lowly.

"Alright, well, let's get the last thing and we can ring you up." I said as we walked to the water bottles.

I got the ones with the small compartment at the bottom to hold my tea bags. Asa got him the coffee mug type, with the school logo on it. We walked to the register and started to ring him up.

"Are your uniforms at the back of the store?" Asa asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Go get two, so Jesse can take them back to his place. Better yet make it three, just in case you may visit me in the near future." He said.

"Okay, just give me a second." I said.

I went to the back room area and grabbed three shirts form my manager's office. I quickly went back to the front and added them to his order. I told him his total, and he handed me his card.

"Jesse will be here later, so you can give him the other bag then. We'll come get you when you're off, so we can go eat together. He may or may not have a surprise for you." Asa smirked a bit.

"Will this surprise make me tired?" I frowned a bit.

"No, it's an actual gift, but he may give it to you later." Asa said.

"Okay, well. Have a good day Dr. Emory." I waved goodbye to him.

"You were so obviously flirting with him." Heather came out of nowhere.

"Okay, and what do you care?" I leaned on the counter, watching Asa's ass.

"I care because obviously that guys has money. Look at all that stuff he just bought." She then looked behind the counter.

"You didn't even give him everything he bought." She saw the uniform shirts on top.

"You snuck those on his total?" She was getting loud.

"Firstly, no I did. Second, mind your own business because you don't even know what's going on. Lastly, someone is coming to pick this up." I told him, moving the bag from her view.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and went about her way.

The manager came out from the back and started working the floor some. Other than that, the day was pretty boring. Of course, until the 6'7 man wearing a black suit walked in.

"Oh man, that's one of the men who donate to the school. You girls better have your customer service top notch with this man." Our manager whispered to us.

Once she walked away, Heather perked up.

"That means, money." I practically could see the money symbols in her eyes.

I just stayed at the counter, and watched her try to talk to him. He just ignored her, but then soon put together who she was. That’s when he made eye contact with me, and pointed towards her. I nodded my head in conformation, that indeed was the girl.

He continued to walk pass her and met me at the counter.

"I believe this is for you sir." I handed him the bag.

He looked in it and pulled out the shorts, with a questioning look on his face.

"Those are mines obviously." I laughed at him.

"You're coming with me tonight?" He signed to me.

"Doesn't matter, I have some shirts in there so, it's up to you. If you aren't busy tonight that is." I told him.

He pointed around the store, asking if I wanted anything else.

"No, Asa already did that." That made him snarl a bit.

He did a sign I didn't recognize, but I knew it was an insult.

"Alright, I'll see you later." I laughed at him.

"Later doll." He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

He eyed Heather once again before he left out of the store.

"So you're two timing those guys?" Heather came up to me.

"No, mind your business." I scoffed at her.

"How can I if you're stealing all the guys with money?" She said.

"Well if you must know, I knew these two since before last week." I told her.

I ignored the rest of her questions because she was just getting irritating. The rest of my shift was just at the register, until the next person got there. I was fixing clothes on a table when I got picked up out of nowhere.

"Hey put me down you smug bastard!" I pounded on his back. I looked up and saw Asa smirking some.

Jesse carried me to the counter and set me down, pulling out his phone.

"How much does this cost?" The phone said.

Jonathan was playing along with him.

"Oh sir that’s limited edition, you could get that for five hundred today only. No returns or refunds though." He said.

"I'll take it." Jesse said.

"Would you like it in a bag?" Jonathan asked.

"No, I'll take it as is." He turned around and handed me to Asa, who was just there smirking.

"Why are you condoning this? I thought you were the mature one." I said as he carried me towards the exit. Watching Jesse stalk behind us, watching his shoulders move up and down, laughing at me.

I flipped Jesse the bird, which made his shoulders bounce harder, and he flipped them right back at me. Asa put me in the back seat of Jesse's car, then they got in, Jesse drove off.

We went to the diner I first saw Jesse at and we ate breakfast for lunch. Asa and Jesse were the ones talking, so I watched them talk. Until we finished eating and they paid the tab.

"Okay, I may see you two later, depends on when I get finish at the lab. If not, I'll see you tomorrow." Asa said as he got out of the car.

I moved to the front seat as we drove to Jesse's place, as soon as I got in we took a nap. Once we woke up we just played around the house and watched some movies, he showed me some of the blueprints for weapons he planned on making. He asked me if I would like for him to make me something. I had nothing in mind, so I told him nothing for right now.

Jesse ordered some food for us to eat, Asa said that he wasn't coming. So we both got in the shower, then actually showered, then went to sleep.