04

Sooyoung pov:

I walked with a little jump in each step towards the public library near my house and waited for Yeonjun to arrive. I glanced at my phone. 11.45 am. There was still 15 minutes left and I had nothing to do. So, I went for a stroll in the garden in front of the library. It was a beautiful and healing place in my opinion. Roses, which were my favourite flowers, as well as daises, daffodils and other pretty flowers bloomed beautifully there. Butterflies flitted their wings as they danced around the flowers. I breathed in the fresh air as the light scent from the flowers tickled my nose. I sighed happily. It felt like paradise. I would stay here forever if I could. 

"It's nice isn't it?" A voice made me jump as I realised Yeonjun was standing beside me. "How long have you been standing here?" "About a minute. Took you some time to sense my presence." He smiled as we walked towards the library together. 

For the rest of the afternoon, we stayed at the library and he read many of the books I recommended, enjoying each book. He was genuinely interested and showed me the parts that he liked or found interesting. Normally, I was the one who had a book in my hands, but this time, it was Yeonjun who was engrossed in reading. I was pretty sure if his fangirls saw him reading, they would've all rushed to get a copy too. 

Mm, that doesn't sound too bad, they could do with some knowledge rather than the rubbish they keep inside their heads. I giggled softly at the thought, not wanting to distract him. 

When we were hungry, we went to grab a bite at the café. Yes, a café. I know I said I wasn't going to go to a café with Yeonjun but my stomach kept pestering me and the food looked so good that I couldn't resist. Moreover, he was the one who suggested it and at first, I was a bit hesitant, but after not much convincing on his part, I found myself walking into the café. After lots of indecisiveness, I decided to get a chocolate tart and a cup of matcha latte with whipped cream, while Yeonjun ordered a café mocha and a quiche. We waited patiently for our food to come as Yeonjun whipped out a book he borrowed from the library and started reading. For some reason, I found it funny and tried to suppress my laughter but still snorted in the end. Great move Sooyoung. 

"What's so funny?" He asked, looking amused. "Normally I'd be the one reading all the time, but now you're the one reading. I guess we kinda changed roles, didn't we?" 

He smiled and responded "I guess you have a strong influence on me then. Thanks for recommending these books. I'll drag Soobin to the library next time." "Then I'll drag Chaewon. The last time I tried, she complained it was boring and wanted to go to an amusement park. Maybe if Soobin comes, she'll stop complaining and acting like a drama queen." I made a face and Yeonjun laughed. "Oh, by the way, I heard from Chaewon that your birthday was on the 23rd last week. So have you found your soulmate yet?" His question caught me off guard and I panicked, trying to come up with an answer that was not "Oh, I found him. You are my soulmate.". Luckily, I managed to avoid that question as the food came and he forgot about it.

Yeonjun pov:

I don't know if it was only me or Sooyoung who seemed flustered when I asked about her soulmate. I shouldn't have asked such a personal question. That thought went to the back of my head as I  sniffed the air. Looking up, I saw our food arriving at last. My stomach was torturing me to no end and I was happy to silence it. The food looked so good and my mouth began to water. I took a quick picture to send to Soobin to make the guy hungry. He was hanging out with Chaewon and was texting me every hour, secretly complaining that he was starving but Chaewon was still happily going from ride to ride at the amusement park, leaving him no choice but to follow.

Sooyoung pov:

Mmm~ the rich chocolate cake and the cold matcha latte was so delicious. I polished off the cake within 3 minutes and attacked the drink next. I was just taking a sip of my drink when Yeonjun suddenly started laughing. "What?" I asked as he pointed to my face. "You have cream on your face." He said while taking a piece of tissue for me. What he did next nearly caused me a heart attack. "Here, lemme wipe it for you real quick." He said, leaning closer towards me and wiping off the cream, frowning as he concentrated. "Ok done!" He said cheerfully, not realising what he had just done to my poor feeble heart. I thanked him and I looked down quickly, trying to hide the blush that was spreading across my face as I pretended to receive a message, checking my phone, while suppressing a smile that was threatening to take over my face. The things he did to my heart were indescribable. I told myself time and again that I shouldn't fall for him but I couldn't. However, I forced myself to push those feelings away. I knew that he would never fall for someone like me. I smiled bitterly as I sipped my drink, not lifting my eyes the entire time. 

"Thanks for accompanying me today, I enjoyed it!" Yeonjun said happily as we slowly walked back home. The sun was beginning to set, unleashing its colours. The sky was streaked with pink and orange and I stopped to admire the scenery. It was beautiful. "You're welcome. I enjoyed myself too, tell me when you want to come here again. I would gladly accompany you." I smiled as our eyes met. 

Yeonjun pov:

Looking at Sooyoung admiring the sunset, I smiled, thinking about the time we had today. My heart fluttered a little as she smiled and looked at me. 

"Cute." I suddenly muttered under my breath. 

"What?" She tilted her head as I scolded myself mentally for saying that out loud. 

"Oh, nothing." That was close 

I learnt something today: I was slowly falling for her. The way she focused while reading a book, or when she got cream on her face gave me butterflies. She was just effortlessly adorable. I couldn't help but feel a niggling feeling at the back of my head. It was as if it was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

🍒 ⋆ 🍇 🎀 𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔❢ 🎀 🍇 ⋆ 🍒