06

~ Time skip ~

Sooyoung pov:

It was the day of the dance. Chaewon came to my house early in the morning to prepare. 

Yes, you heard that right. To prepare. Early in the morning. When the dance was starting in the evening.

I was planning to snooze till 12 but Little Miss Princess had to wake me up at 9 for some mani-pedi and a spa just to get myself freshened up for the dance. 

"Why do we have to do this. I don't even want to go to the dance." She looked at me like I had gone completely bonkers. 

"Girl, Yeonjun or no Yeonjun, enjoy yourself for today, get yourself pampered. It's once a year for goodness. Stop fidgeting, I can't apply the nail polish properly." She scolded lightly as I rolled my eyes and examined the nails. 

I got to admit, her skills were good. My usual plain nails were now a pastel blue with butterfly stickers on them. 

I thought the nail polish part was weird enough, but the spa was even weirder. 

"What's this thing?" I swatted her hand away as she tried to apply some greenish goop on my face. "It's a face mask, supposed to make your face hydrated and stuff." She replied as I unwillingly allowed her to apply it on my face. It felt so weird, like some cooling slimy thing. 

Next, she put 2 pieces of cucumbers to cover my eyes. "Uh- what's this supposed to be for?" "Sooyoung, are you seriously that inexperienced in spas." I nodded my head. She sighed. "Just let me do everything ok? Go close your eyes and get some rest. I'll make sure you look stunning tonight." She promised as I closed my eyes and drifted off to dreamland. 

~ Time skip ~

"Sooyoung, wake up, we're going shopping for dresses right now." 

"Huh- what-?" I struggled to open my eyes and reached my hand up to rub my eyes. "Ahh stop-" 

Chaewon held my hand as I stared at her quizzically. "I applied eyeshadow just now, you'll smudge it if you touch it."

I looked into the mirror and opened my eyes wide. Chaewon did a miracle or something. My eyelids were shimmery with eyeshadow and I had winged eyeliner, my eyelashes curled, and my lips a natural pink. I have no idea how she did it while I was asleep but it's Chaewon, what can the girl not do?

"You look beautiful, don't you think?" She smiled as she patted my shoulder. 

"Chaewon, that's me?" I said, pointing to the person I saw in the mirror in disbelief. 

"Duh, sis you look beautiful with or without makeup, you just have no confidence. Take these contact lenses and put them on. You'll have men falling for you left and right when we go to the dance tonight. Yeonjun will realise what he's missing. Come on, no time to waste, let's go shopping!" Chaewon chirped as she dragged me out of my room. 

"Hi auntie, we're going out to shop for dresses." My mum waved to Chaewon and when she saw me, she stared, with her mouth open. "Sooyoung... you look so beautiful today." I blushed as I replied, "Chaewon did my makeup for me, is it too much?" "No no, it's just nice, go do your shopping right now, I won't hold you back." 

Chaewon pulled me to the shopping mall nearby and we started to look for shops that we could buy a dress from. "This shop looks good, let's go in and take a look."

 A few minutes later, my arms were full from holding dresses. "Um Chaewon, I think these should be enough." She opened her mouth to protest but I quickly rushed towards the fitting room before she could add any more dresses to the pile. 

I tried dress after dress, showing her each dress before she shook her head and I went to change into another one. 

It was probably my most tiring shopping experience. 

"This is the dress." I finally heard those four words and I sighed in relief. I had tried over ten dresses and she finally agreed on the one I was wearing. It was simple, yet elegant. It was an off-the-shoulder dress with layers of chiffon. "It's plain right now, so we'll add some bling later to make it pretty." Chaewon gushed as she ushered me to the counter to pay. She had long gotten her dress and had brought it to my house earlier in the morning so that she could prepare and we could leave for the dance together. 

Yeonjun pov:

I was not having the time of my life. 

Jiyoon had called me in the afternoon to accompany her for some dress fitting and I had to go because she had begged me incessantly. The only way to make her keep her mouth shut is to give her what she wants. I was dragged to the shopping mall and she took so long just to choose a simple dress. She tried dress after dress and I was bored stiff just sitting there and waiting.

 "Ok, we're done. Thanks for accompanying me!" She finally said as I stood up, stretching my arms and stifling a yawn while she went to pay. 

"Want to grab something to eat before we go home and prepare for the dance?" She asked hopefully as I immediately shook my head. I was so ready to run away after the dress fitting and didn't want to spend another second accompanying Jiyoon. I told her I had some things and quickly went back home.

~ Time skip ~

It was time to go for the dance. I groaned as I recalled that I would need to be with Jiyoon for the entire night. I checked myself in the mirror one last time before heading out with Soobin, who had offered to go with me to the dance before I was stuck with Miss Jiyoon. 

"Why did you even agree to go with the dance with Jiyoon? Don't you hate her?" Soobin asked.

 "I agreed with her 2 weeks ago. If I accompany her for this dance, she said she'll leave Sooyoung alone." I sighed as I thought of the torturous night ahead

"Looks like you're whipped for Sooyoung. Do you like her?" 

I didn't know. Maybe I did :) 

🍒 ⋆ 🍇 🎀 𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔❢ 🎀 🍇 ⋆ 🍒