18

Sooyoung pov:

"Passengers boarding Qantas Airline to Australia, please board the plane now." The speaker crackled as people around us hurried to the plane, as we too, quickened our steps for boarding.

The flight to Australia was going to take around 10  to 11 hours, depending on the place we were going to. In this case, we were going to Sydney, where Jiyoon studied and where her father's company is situated, so we figured that she would live there too.

It was going to be a long flight, so we bought sour candies to munch on during the trip as the three of us had motion sickness on planes sometimes so it was better safe than sorry to buy some sweets no matter how cliché it sounds.

The plane set flight to Sydney a few minutes after all the passengers were on board. Gripping the armrests on the sides of the seat, I tried to calm myself down. I didn't have a good experience with flights you see, almost every time I sat on a plane, my stomach would act up and I couldn't eat anything on the plane without vomiting. But this was a 10-hour flight and I had to eat something. Is it only me or does plane food tastes bad? So every time I will not order the plane food, instead, I will order cup noodles (which taste much nicer) to satisfy my hunger.

"We should probably plan our steps to take once we reach Sydney, or else, we would be running around like headless mosquitoes," Soobin suggested as we all agreed. It wasn't going to be easy with Jiyoon as the mastermind. 

"So, after we reach Sydney Airport, we'll eat supper there and then get the car we rented at the car renting service in the carpark of the airport. We'll then drive to Chaewon's friend's house to stay for our trip here. The next day when we wake up, we'll ask Chaewon's friend if she knows anything about Jiyoon somehow. The world is pretty small sometimes." Soobin concluded as a wave of gratitude washed over me once more.

I felt so bad because Chaewon and Soobin worked at the same company and we're always so busy but cleared their schedules to accompany me.

~Time skip~

"Sooyoung, it's time for lunch. I ordered cup noodles for you already." Chaewon's called softly as she nudged me gently. 

Humming a reply, I forced my eyes open to the cup noodles on the table. Somehow I had fallen asleep for 5 hours already after watching a movie. 

"Thanks, Chae." 

"You're most welcome my beloved." She laughed as I inhaled the food.

The rest of the flight was pretty smooth and we landed at Sydney Airport, feeling tired from sitting all day. 

Clearing immigration and collecting our luggage, we went to grab supper. It was already around 11 in Sydney and the sounds of luggage rolling on the smooth floor could be heard all around. 

Soobin got the car we rented and with the help of a GPS, we drove to the apartment we would be staying in, right in the middle of the bustling city.

There, we met Chaewon's friend, Raelyn, who gave us the keys and a tour of the apartment. 

"Thank you so much Raelyn!" Chaewon gushed as Soobin and I nodded in agreement.

"You're welcome, tomorrow, we'll go to a cafe for breakfast and you can ask me any questions you want about Sydney, I'll be happy to tell you!" Raelyn replied as we started to unpack. 

There were two rooms plus a living room. "You girls take the bigger room, I'll take the other room," Soobin said, dragging our luggage in for us.

"Thank you Soobin, but are you sure you two lovebirds don't want to sleep together in the bigger room? I'm fine sleeping alone."