17

Sooyoung pov:

My lips were dry and chapped as I laid down on the sofa, my mind blank. 

Jiyoon had taken him.

What was I going to do?

"Byeol...you miss Yeonjun too don't you?" I whispered as Byeol rubbed her head against my hand in a comforting way. I sighed as I decided to ask someone for help. I couldn't go on like this.

Chaewon. Chaewon and Soobin would know what to do.

Getting up, I got my phone out and dialed Chaewon's number. Almost immediately, she picked up the phone. 

"Sooyoung?"

"Chaewon, can you and Soobin come over please..."

"Did something happen?"

I was going to respond but my phone ran out of battery. 

Staring at the note for the umpteenth time, I could feel the pain coming in. I had seen his initials on my wrist get fainter and I didn't know what to do. His initials were fading and fading as time passed by but I couldn't do anything.

I felt...helpless.

The doorbell rang and I went to open the door, almost stepping on the glass shards in the process. 

"Sooyoung, what happened? Are you ok?" Chaewon and Soobin both asked as they took in the condition of my apartment with shock.

"I'm fine. Jiyoon took Yeonjun." I replied, my voice barely audible.

Chaewon and Soobin quickly walked into the house as Chaewon picked up the piece of paper Jiyoon had left.

          Sooyoung, don't worry about your dear Yeonjun, he's safe with me. I'll bring him to Australia with me so you can forget about seeing him. Oh, and I forgot to mention, he just thinks you're the one trying to ruin the relationship between him and me cos that's all he knows right now.      

"Why that b-" Chaewon stopped herself as she gritted her teeth in anger. "When is she going to stop harassing you and Yeonjun and let the two of you live a peaceful life."

"After all these years and she still hasn't given up, disgusting. When is she going to learn that her childish acts would never work." Soobin commented as he too was trying hard not to curse.

Sighing, I picked up the glass shards and began to clear up the floor.

"Sooyoung, be careful of those shards, put on gloves so you won't cut yourself," Chaewon said as she handed me a pair of gloves and she and Soobin proceeded to put on gloves themselves. The three of us worked hard to clear up the mess till the floor was back to the usual cleanliness. 

"Thank you guys, I don't know what I would do without you." I smiled weakly as Soobin pulled us in for a hug. 

"Oh, we're not done yet," Chaewon replied with a determined smile. "We're going to get Yeonjun back from that snake once and for all."

After booking flight tickets to Australia and getting a few Australian friends' help, Chaewon got us a place to stay and a car to drive for our stay there. 

While packing the luggage, I suddenly broke down crying, as all my emotions came flooding in all at once.

"Sooyoung, it's going to be fine. We're gonna find Yeonjun alright? And then I'll make him marry you right away or else I'll break ties with him and I'll be your maid of honour hm?" Chaewon muttered softly as she stroked my hair, patting my back comfortingly. I let myself sob in her embrace for a while more than wiped off all the tears and sat up.

"We will find Yeonjun," I said in the strongest voice I could muster. And I almost believed myself.

"That's the spirit, now let's get dinner and have an early night, we're going to set off early tomorrow morning so we need all the rest we can get. And you know how lazy you are if you don't get enough sleep." She said as we went down for dinner, hearts heavy despite the motivational talk just now.

Chaewon pov:

My heart broke when I saw Sooyoung picking at her food, staring into blank space. It's tough on her already and something like this has to happen. The reason why she doesn't mention her dad is because he wasn't a good father. 

When Sooyoung's mother found out that she was pregnant with Sooyoung, Sooyoung's dad left her for work and promised to come back to look after her and Sooyoung. 

He did come back a few years later... but with another woman and a kid. Sooyoung's mother was angry, but she kept quiet because they needed money. 

She was scolded and despised by Sooyoung's father for not looking pretty and being useful to the family.

Sooyoung at that time was only 5 and didn't know much. She saw her mother get threatened and abused by her dad and his other wife but couldn't do anything. 

Thankfully my mother was their neighbour down the road and asked Sooyoung and her mother to come over to our house to stay for the time being. 

Sooyoung's parents divorced and her mother worked hard to get enough money to buy a house of their own. It was difficult and my mother helped out too, eventually, they got enough money and bought a house near our place.

Her father and his wife and child moved overseas and they never did return. 

However, the memories from the past still bothered Sooyoung and her mother sometimes. 

I hope that this time, I can help Sooyoung because the poor girl doesn't deserve any of this. 

~Time skip~

Sooyoung pov:

We all woke up early the next day, getting ready to go to the airport. Chaewon and Soobin had stayed overnight at my apartment to accompany me and were already downstairs, checking that we had gotten everything we needed for the trip.

We didn't know how long it would take and planned to buy the things we needed in Australia. When I told my mum about what happened last night, she was concerned and offered to go on the trip too, but it wasn't safe to be in another country finding aimlessly for someone so I told her to stay put here and dropped Byeol off at her place and if we found anything about Yeonjun, we would tell her immediately.

Tell me we would find Yeonjun, please...

A/N: Sorry if this chapter wasn't good lol. I'm trying to give some back stories of the main characters like Sooyoung to fill y'all in bout her life and yes. 

🍒 ⋆ 🍇 🎀 𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔❢ 🎀 🍇 ⋆ 🍒