05

Yeonjun pov:

~ Flashback ~

"What will make you leave Sooyoung alone? She's innocent and doesn't deserve to be bullied by you." I asked Jiyoon as I faced her, looking her straight in the eye.

"What do I want? What I want is for someone to love me and stay till the end." Rolling up her sleeve, she held it up. Her wrist was blank. "My soulmate died a year ago. We dated for 2 years and I never felt so happy. When he revealed he was diagnosed with cancer, I felt my whole world crumble. And the moment that he breathed his last, his initials faded. I was convinced that I would always have someone to love me, someone to comfort me when I am low, someone to love me at my worst. He was all that. I couldn't accept the fact that I had lost him forever and swore to never like anyone... until I met you. You were nice, polite, smart... everything that I liked. I thought you liked someone popular, pretty, and rich to match you. But you didn't. You prefer Sooyoung over me. I tried so hard for you to at least notice me, be my friend and I ruined it for myself." Jiyoon said bitterly while looking at the ground, avoiding my eyes. 

"Jiyoon, I'm sorry for your loss. But you should know very well that you can't force someone to love you. Love has to come from the heart. If they love you, they wouldn't care if you are popular, smart, rich, or anything. They would love you for who you are. What I'm saying is, don't change yourself for others. Can you apologize to Sooyoung after this because what you did to her was not nice at all?"

"I'm sorry. I will apologize to her. And um Yeonjun... can I ask you for a favour?"

"What?"

"Can you be my date for the annual dance 2 weeks later? I have no one to go with and it would mean a lot to me if you could go with me. I won't take it the wrong way."

Even though I didn't want to, I agreed. Jiyoon wasn't exactly what I would call a nice person, but after hearing what she had gone through, I decided to give her another chance, believing that she would change. I just hope she will keep to her side of the promise and apologize to Sooyoung. 

Jiyoon pov:

The alley was dark and deserted. I held my breath as I knocked on the door and went in. "What do you want?" A gruff voice asked as I jumped. I turned around and saw an old woman sitting on a rocking chair. "Hi um do you have a potion, like a love potion?" "What would I get if I give you the potion?" She smirked as I took out the diamond bracelet I got from one of my distant aunts. "Here, you can have this. Deal?" I boldly reached out my hand. She ignored my outstretched hand and examined the diamond. Looking up, she gave me an interested look. "Deal." I'm sorry Yeonjun but I love you too much...

Sooyoung pov:

Should I ask Yeonjun about the dance? That would seem too desperate, wouldn't it? I don't know. What if he doesn't want to? But then again, what if... just what if, he wanted to ask me. Sooyoung stop being delulu. Why would he ask you?

I was debating on whether I should ask Yeonjun to the annual dance. It was a special event every year when a pair would get chosen as the king and queen. Kind of like prom. I was looking forward to it this year, unlike previous years when I couldn't care less. Because of a special someone. I knew better than to expect anything but was a bit disappointed. The dance was only 2 weeks later and he hadn't asked me anything or hinted anything. I was kind of desperate and found myself tapping his shoulder. "Um Yeonjun, about the uh- annual dance 2 weeks later... Uh- have you gotten a date yet?" I blurted out as my face instantly turned scarlet and I mentally scolded myself for the sudden act of boldness. His face brightened. "Oh, I haven't-" Then his smile faded as if realizing something. "Oh um, I already found a date." 

He found a date. Oh, joy. I felt a burning sensation at the back of my eyes. "Nice, who is it?" 

"Oh um it's Jiyoon."

I felt like I was being stabbed. Jiyoon of all people. The girl who almost slapped me. That Jiyoon.

"Jiyoon? Oh, that's nice. Hope you and her get crowned king and queen this year!" I chirped, my wide smile not reaching my eyes. I was devastated. 

I blinked back tears as I walked calmly but quickly to the washroom. "Sooyoung, wait up!" Yeonjun called as I ignored him. Locking the cubicle door, the tears that I had been holding rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably. How stupid I was to assume that he would go with me to the dance. Jeon Sooyoung, you're so stupid. What made you think that he would go with you to the dance instead of some other pretty and popular girl like Jiyoon. Just because he went out with you the other time? Face it Sooyoung, he will never like you. I laughed to myself, thinking about my foolishness. I let all my tears out and washed my face with water before walking out of the washroom. I felt so numb like all my emotions were sucked out of me. 

I walked back to my seat, ignoring the worried glances that Yeonjun gave me, and started to read. But I couldn't pay attention to the words on the paper at all. I stared into blank space for a while before keeping away my book and rested my head on the table, too tired from crying to care about what my other classmates gossiped about behind my back. 

However, there were some painful things that I heard, like "Did you know that nerd asked Yeonjun if he had a date for the annual dance 2 weeks later? Did she think she had the chance to be his date? I find it hilarious. Yeonjun would pick Jiyoon any day I can assure you that. I heard that he is going with Jiyoon for the dance. They would definitely be crowned king and queen this year. The most popular boy and girl, literally a perfect match in heaven." 

I closed my eyes, drowning out all the voices that threatened to make my head hurt...

Yeonjun pov:

I swear I could see Sooyoung's eyes glistening with tears when she turned away. I really wanted to ask her about the dance. But I already promised Jiyoon. No matter how much I didn't want to, I made the promise. I felt a pang of guilt when she came back from the washroom, her eyes looking a little red as if she had been crying. I felt even worse when I saw how she sniffled ever so softly when her head rested on the table as some gossips in the class commented about me and Jiyoon going to the dance together. I felt anger wash over me and scolded them, leaving them speechless. Why did they have to treat Sooyoung like that, she didn't deserve any of this. I'm sorry Sooyoung...

🍒 ⋆ 🍇 🎀 𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔❢ 🎀 🍇 ⋆ 🍒