11

Chaewon pov:

"I think Yeonjun would like this!" I said happily, holding up the panda plushie Soobin and I got for him. We just finished our lunch and were heading back to Yeonjun's ward. We were just walking along the corridor when I saw a horribly familiar face. 

What was she doing here? Did she come to see Yeonjun, brainwash him or something? 

Yes. I saw a snake, specifically a breed called Jiyoon. 

I almost couldn't recognise her, with her luxury bag, high heels, and sunglasses (who in the right mind wears sunglasses in a damn hospital) with her "perfect hair", but it was Jiyoon all right. I swore she saw us and smirked. I would very much like to wipe that smirk off her pretty little face.

I scowled in reply and squeezed Soobin's hand to make him look at Jiyoon. "That snake is here," I whispered as his face, like mine, had turned from happy to annoyed and disgust. Well, no one could blame him, she was that typical party pooper.

"Long time no see, how have you been." Examining her nails, Jiyoon looked up and smiled. How fake

"Didn't you go to Australia to study and stay there permanently? Why are you back?" I asked bluntly as she pretended to look hurt. "Aren't you happy to see me? I've missed you all, so I came back." She gave another fake smile.

"Happy wouldn't be the word I'd use. And I'm not buying the "I missed you all" thing." I scoffed as her smile disappeared.

"Well, since you want to get straight to the point, we'll have a good talk over some coffee." Turning on her heels, she walked towards the entrance with Soobin and me following behind. I wasn't thrilled to talk to her, but I had to know why she was back. The whole thing just seemed fishy.

We walked into a café and sat down after ordering some coffee. 

"So what were you doing at the hospital?" I had no time to listen to this woman's nonsense.

"Chaewon dear, since you don't like to beat around the bush, I'll just get straight to the point. I went to visit Yeonjun and should I say... tell him some things that would help his memory."

"What did you tell him and how did you know he was in the hospital. I don't remember telling you at all." I felt a sense of dread creeping up on me. 

"Chaewon, I have people working for me if that's what you're wanting to know. And I merely told him some facts." 

"What did you tell him and what do you want." My patience was wearing out and I was ready to flip tables.

"Well, I told him that Sooyoung was a fox that tried to ruin me and his relationship. He was gullible enough to believe that Sooyoung was the brat and me, the victim. And I might have a hand in the accident." Watching her lean back into her chair and sip her drink contentedly while watching my face turn from shock to anger, I felt my blood start to boil. She did not just say that. I gripped the chair so hard that my knuckles turned white. Soobin was rubbing my back as I threatened to explode. He too was trembling in anger.

"Were you the driver that caused the accident?" 

Jiyoon's mouth turned upwards into a smirk that I hated with all my heart. "Yeonjun saw me, didn't he? Then I might as well admit. Yes, I was. And I have more plans coming up, you wait and see."

Standing up, she walked out of the café, leaving me and Soobin struggling to believe her words.

She said she was the driver and she had more plans coming up? We need to tell Yeonjun that what she said wasn't true or things will get worse.

~Time skip~

Yeonjun pov:

"Ringggg~" Picking up my phone from my bedside table, I saw it was Sooyoung who was calling. What was she calling for? Remembering Jiyoon's words, I hesitated to pick up the phone but I still did. I could ask Sooyoung if it was the truth.

"Yeonjun? Are you there?" I heard her ask as I nodded before realising that she couldn't see me.

"Yes."

"Jagi, I've been so worried, does it hurt? Have you been eating well and resting enough? I wish I could visit you but Chaewon says that you need to rest. I'm still in the hospital too. Miss you so much."

Jagi? Wait she's in the hospital too? Didn't Jiyoon say Sooyoung was the one who tried to ruin our relationship? Why is she calling me jagi? 

"Aren't you the one who tried to ruin me and Jiyoon's relationship? Why are you calling me jagi? And how did you get into the hospital?"

There was silence at the end of the phone. "Hello?"

"Yeonjun, what happened? This is not funny ok? It's just a prank right?" Her voice was getting panicky and I couldn't think of anything to say except for "It's not a prank, I lost part of my memory.". 

"Nonono... you don't remember me?"

"Jiyoon just told me you were the one who ruined our relationship."

"I'm your fiancée, Sooyoung. You and Jiyoon didn't get together at all."

"What?" My mind was whirling. I didn't know who to believe anymore.

"I was there with you on the day of the accident. We were going to go to the dress-fitting for our wedding but a car crashed into our car, remember?" Her voice cracked while she spoke. 

I couldn't remember. "I'm sorry. I can't remember anything you said. I need to rest now, bye."

I hung up and burrowed my head in my pillow. I was confused and lost. Who was saying the truth? Jiyoon or Sooyoung?

"Yeonjun!" It was Chaewon and Soobin. I had a lot of questions to ask them. 

"Yeonjun, did Jiyoon come here just now?" 

"Ya."

"What did she tell you?" Chaewon's face was etched with worry.

"She told me that Sooyoung ruined me and her relationship and that Jiyoon was my fiancée and we were going to get married next month."

"So she was telling the truth. Ok Yeonjun, don't believe that snake. Sooyoung is your soulmate ok? You and Jiyoon never dated, she's lying."

"Oh and just now Sooyoung called me and she told me that she was with me in the car during the accident and we were going to go for her dress-fitting."

"Sooyoung called? You told her that you couldn't remember her?"

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I asked Chaewon's face turned pale. "I'll be back." Then she bolted out of the door, leaving me and Soobin in the room.

What's wrong? Why did she run as soon as I told her I told Sooyoung I couldn't remember her?  I was left confused once again with no answers.

A/N: I think I'll update every Monday so it's easier for me to yk plan out the chapters and write them, cos girl, over here is like procrastinating or maybe not, just no ideas so I hope y'all don't die waiting lmao. And like idk if y'all wanna know but like I write 3-4 chapters more before publishing so I don't run out of chapters to publish yk. Mm hope y'all like the story so far :D any feedback is welcome anytime and I totes enjoy reading the comments :)) thank you so so so much to those who voted, I rlly appreciate it and feel damn happy so ya just wanna acknowledge that <3

🍒 ⋆ 🍇 🎀 𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔❢ 🎀 🍇 ⋆ 🍒