7.

Hanna seemed to be sound asleep when I woke up during the early hours. I didn't notice when she came to bed because after she was all cried out she hid in the bathroom. I'd wanted to relieve myself before bed but I'd gone to sleep instead as I waited for her to come out.

I exhaled loudly with relief as I emerged from the bathroom with my business done. I'd felt like I was going to explode.

My head turned to the bed as I felt eyes on me. Hanna was awake. She slowly sat up as I met her eyes.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked quietly.

She shrugged. "It's okay. I'm a light sleeper."

"Oh. Alright." I stared at her in the dark room. I didn't know what to say anymore. She looked away from me. She still seemed embarassed.

I looked away too as I raised my hands above my head to stretch leisurely. "You should go back to sleep. I know I said early breakfast but there's time."

"No, that's alright. I don't want to sleep anymore." I glanced at her sideways. She already looked like she'd barely slept. "What are you going to do now?"

I kept one hand stretched out above my head I leaned to the side. My spine clicked. "Do some stretching."

"Oh..." I changed hands and leaned the other side. "Do you... mind if I join you?"

"Sure." I replied easily. "There's not a lot of space so we'll have to be careful."

"Okay." She threw the blankets off her as she got to her feet. I saw her shiver. It was cold today morning.

We both moved to the space in front of the bed. With some adjustments around each other as we went through our routines, we actually managed a pretty good session. The air between us was a bit tense, but it slowly dissolved into an amicable silence.

I was interested to see how some of our exercises matched. But there were vast differences. She mentioned in the middle that she was missing a flexible rope to stretch her arms to her full range. But she was considerably flexible in her upper body without it. I had more range of motion and flexibility in my lower half as compared to her. I made a mental note of some exercises she performed to do later. I had a feeling she did the same.

Once the sky turned yellow, Hanna left the room to go to hers. Pippa knocked on the door a few minutes later. I smiled as I opened the door to a wide yawn and golden bedhead. She got in a short nap as I went to change first. And we headed downstairs once she was ready.

Hanna already waited at the same table as last. She looked up as we approached her. "Pyr's checking the room one last time in case we forgot anything."

I paused and frowned. "We should have done that."

Pippa hopped up, her eyes gleamed. "I'll get Pyr! And I'll check our room!"

I laughed at her enthusiasm as I nodded. She shoved her bag in my hand and rushed off upstairs. I placed both our bags beside me as I slid into the same place.

"So, did you think about what to do?"

I let my head rest on the chair behind me as I shrugged at Hanna's question. "Nope. Didn't get a chance."

"I did a little thinking."

"About going or not going?"

"Both. Can I see your swords?"

Surprise crossed through me and I raised my head to meet her eyes. "Why?"

"Just like that."

She probably wanted to judge the state they were in. I sighed as I gave in. My hands went over my shoulders as I drew my swords. The innmaid threw me a worried look as the sound cut through the almost empty hall. I gave her an apologetic smile as I placed the swords carefully on the table.