26

As everyone woke up and started to gather around the fire to warm up, we started to discuss ways to go about the new area we'd found. Excitement was in the air. We hadn't felt this way about the dungeon in a long time.

My father cleared his throat and waved his hand to catch everyone's attention. "The hallway seemed pretty big. I think for today we should just scout the area and check for traps or more of that quicksilver."

"Whatever we do— I will be there." Elikai glared at the pot he stirred. "I'm tired of missing out."

"Of course, we'll need a healer."

Sidas raised an eyebrow as my father nodded at Elikai. "'we'?"

I looked up at the annoyed undertone in his voice. It didn't affect my father. "Yes. We. I think for today it should be you, me, Emerys, Elikai and Pyr."

Hanna's head shot up. "Hey! I want to go too!"

Father met her eyes and smiled at her. "It's just a scout mission. I'll leave the exploring and gathering to you all once we're done."

Risna laughed easily. "Just what you'd expect from a scout. It's a lot more cautious than anyone in our group could be." He leaned forward with interest. "Why can't I come?"

"The ceiling is low." Father replied immediately. "It's enough to accomodate your height, but you'd be at a disadvantage swinging a staff in an area like that. The same way Hanna would be at a disadvantage with a bow and arrow in the darkness. Emerys and Sidas will take lead in entering rooms, they need Pyr and I to back them up. Elikai needs to be there in case something goes wrong." He purposefully met Sidas' eyes. "Is that sensible enough?"

I shrugged easily. I get to go either way. It didn't matter to me.

Hanna huffed beside me and nudged me in the side. "You better not explore too much without us."

"Yeah, yeah." I dismissed easily as I bumped her with my shoulder. My hands were occupied with my daggers.

She bumped me back.

I bumped her back harder.

She bumped me back harder. I bumped into father.

Father frowned at me as I slammed my shoulder into Hanna's. Hanna hands windmilled as she struggled to stay in the log. I shifted and bumped her again. She fell.

She grunted as she hit the ground. Her glare immediately fell on me. "Hey!"

I snickered at her on the ground wet with melting snow. "You asked for it."

She glared up at me. In the next moment, she hopped to her feet. I kept my smirk as she walked to the back. I felt her stop behind me. Before I could realise her intent, I felt a foot slam into my lower back.

With a loud yelp, I slid off the log and slammed into the ground. A sharp bolt of pain made its way up my spine. A loud gasp of pain escaped me at the hard landing. I groaned loudly as I leaned over forward and placed a hand on my back. My lower back started to throb.

"You asked for it." Hanna mocked me as I heard laughter around us.

I twisted and slammed the side of my fist into her knee. She gasped in pain and stumbled to the side. I stuck my tongue out at her before I groaned again. "That actually hurt, Hanna."

"And I'd do it again." She snapped back as I turned around.

Elikai sighed, obviously pissed by our shenanigans before entry. "Does it hurt a lot?" His voice was deadpan.

"I'll live." I replied, not in the mood to listen to one of his lectures about doing stupid stuff.

"Alright." Sidas turned to my father. "Let's prepare and leave."