10.

I gasped in pain as the force of the hit turned my head to the side and my body followed. Pain shot through my shoulder as I landed on it. I bounced against the stone twice, my head tucked into my chin involuntarily to avoid it hitting the ground. But my vision already swam, and when I stilled, I couldn't differentiate the black spots in my vision from the silver ones embedded into the ground beside me.

But I was used to falling. This was just one of the many bad falls I'd been through. And I reacted the same way I always had.

The arm I fell on pushed me up as my foot twisted to get a grip on the floor. My knees bent and pulled my body into a crouch as I looked around the cave. The walls were cracked with the force everyone's personal silver hell had inflicted upon them. Everyone was on the ground.

Eyes moved to each other. They each carried one question- is everyone ok?

I blinked quickly as I ignored the pain in the side of my head. Silver was embedded into the ground just beyond where I'd stood. I counted five or six of my own. And as I watched, they turned back into liquid.

Each single piece moved out of the stone and started to converge again. It seemed to move faster than the first time.

We need to get out of here.- I tried to say, but the only sound that reached my ears was a series of slurred words. I frowned to myself and shook my head. I looked up as I felt eyes on me. They looked concerned and blurry. "We need... to get... out..." I trailed off after a series of slowly spoken words. My tongue felt like cotton in my mouth. There was also a high-pitched noise in my ear.

I heard something and turned to look over my shoulder. Elikai had his body pressed flat to the ground, the area around his feet was sprayed with silver. He had a worried look in his eyes. I looked at his lips as my vision swam and I barely made out what he said.

Are you okay?

I gave him one nod in response. My head turned back to the front and I grabbed the sword that had slipped out of my grasp as I fell. The torch I'd held had no flame anymore. The only illumination in the cave came from Sidas's torch and the wall sconces around us.

I placed my free hand onto the floor and pushed myself onto my feet. The world swam some more and I stumbled back a bit. My legs were still strong underneath me and finally gave me purchase. I stopped moving, the cave didn't.

Eyes were on me. Eyes were on Sidas. His lips moved. I read them.

He pointed at the other exit, not the one we'd entered through. Let's move!

I looked at the darkness beyond the rectangular doorway. I couldn't see beyond it. I could barely see. I frowned as I looked down. The silver I'd been attacked with had formed into a puddle and had already started to rise.

My world tilted a bit as I felt a body slam into my side. My legs compensated and kept me upright as my hand automatically went around the small body. Pippa, it was Pippa.

Her arms went around me in fear and worry. The silver she'd been attacked with already floated in the air. It followed her as the several different globs she'd been attacked with. I could feel her shake beside me. It did nothing to help my vision.

My frown turned into a scowl as I met Sidas' eyes. My hand rose to point to the other exit. Out!

We need to continue! There was desperation in his eyes.

No! I stomped my foot. The silver that followed Pippa started to spin in front of me. My own silver finally rose.

My other hand went around Pippa as my body reacted but my brain didn't. I pulled her to my chest and let my leg collapse as I fell to the side. A grunt of pain escaped me as I fell on my other arm. The ground shook under me and I felt rocks hit my side as I rolled away with Pippa. But we didn't have time to stay down.