26.

I woke up with Pyr on top of me. Her hands wrapped around my collar and a wide smile on her face. Her laughter rang in my ears as I came to my senses. Or I thought it did till Pippa threw herself on top of me.

A wheeze left me before I started to laugh as well. Pippa buried her face in my neck as she squealed in excitement. I used the one arm not trapped under Pyr to pull her down too. She laughed as her head smacked against my collarbone, and with my view clear, I could see Hanna by the door. She leaned against entrance, a smile on her face as she watched us.

I grinned at her, an obvious invitation to join the dogpile. She rolled her eyes as she turned away. "Dinner's ready. Or don't you need to go back to the Castle?"

My eyes moved to the window. It was night. She's right.

I sighed and patted their backs. "Get up."

"No!" Pippa whined into my neck. "Stay!"

"Stay!" Pyr echoed. She looked up, her hazel eyes bright. "I haven't seen you in a month!"

"Me neither." I waved dismissively as best as I could, not that they could see it. "But it's getting hard to breathe... and I do need to be getting back."

"You're staying!" I winced as the two chorussed.

"Come on, I have training at—"

"Stay!" How are they in sync?

"I can't miss—"

"STAY!"

I turned my head as they yelled together. My eyes fell shut as I gave in. I'd escape later. "Fine. I'll stay."

"You better." Hanna warned as she turned away from the door. "Come eat."

"I cooked!" Pyr jumped up. I groaned as the weight crushed my stomach.

Pippa sat up and pushed Pyr. Her arms windmilled as she leaned to the side and slipped off of me. There was a loud thud and a cry of pain. I started to laugh as I sat up to see Pyr roll on the floor in pain. "You... You okay?"

"I'm fine." She glared at Pippa and sat up. "I'll get you!"

Pippa ignored her. Her blue eyes were on me. I met her eyes. "What is it?"

Her hand pressed against my chest. My back hit the bed once more, breathless from the push. She frowned as her hand pressed against my formerly crushed belly. "Did you drink water today? Your skin's very tight."

"Not since I left the castle." I raised my head to watch her hand. Pyr got to her feet. "Is something wrong?"

"The usual. Fatigued muscles... your strength seems to have increased." Mana wormed it's way into me. "I can sense increased flexibility, breathing capacity... and you're starving." My stomach growled as it was called out. "Come on. Pyr cooked."

"I did!" She jumped again, on her own feet this time.

I chuckled as Pippa finally got off me. Pyr's hands slipped into mine as she pulled me onto my feet. My body clicked as it stretched upright from it's cramped position. Hanna was already at the table as we walked out. The old woman was nowhere to be seen.

Pyr let me go as Hanna walked up to hug me. She patted my back as I greedily eyed the vegetable stew. "Nice to see you. It's been a while. How are you?"

She pulled away. I pushed her away. "Hungry." I mumbled.

"I can see that." Hanna grumbled behind me as I ignored her for the food. Pyr slid an already loaded plate towards me, and a moan left my lips with the first bite. "I miss this... so much!"