25.

I could smell him.

I could smell the ale. The mud. The strong perfume. And vomit.

My arms trembled from the end of my training. The shakes had gotten considerably lesser from the first time. They stopped entirely as my fist slammed into the wooden door. Over and over and over, harder and faster till I heard a yell.

"Coming! Coming, you bastard! The sun's not even u—" I could hear the gagging sound and the feet stumble. Didn't hear any liquid hit the floor. Seems like he didn't eat anything. Typical.

The footsteps dragged a lot more. Sloppy as they headed towards the door. I stepped back to let it open. The door was yanked open the next second by a Killian with bloodshot eyes.

Rage rose in me. "YOU BASTARD!" I screamed out of nowhere. The old man didn't have time to even acknowledge the volume before my foot shot forward and slammed into his chest.

Killian's gray eyes widened as he stumbled backwards, spit flew out of his mouth as he hit the floor on his butt and slid back. I strode right through the open door and slammed it shut as he lay there groaning. "You absolute piece of shit." I hissed as my foot shot forward once more.

Killian cried out as it slammed into his ankle. "Emerys!" I'd caught him by surprise.

"Please." I scoffed as he curled towards his foot and moaned. "That will barely bruise." My eyes roamed the room. The empty and half filled bottles immediately stood out.

Including a partly open chest.

Rage filled my chest as I turned towards it. Killian immediately knew.

"N-no!" He yelled after me as I moved. I ignored him as I used my foot to kick the chest open. There they were. More bottles— sealed and filled.

"Bastard." I hissed again as fire trickled into my throat. It spilled over into my voice. "I asked you... one thing..."

"Listen! Listen. I-I—" he started to stammer. There was a pained grunt. "I need this, Emerys. It's my-my—"

I didn't listen further. My heart thudded so loudly in my ears that I couldn't. Before I knew it, my hand wrapped around the neck of the bottle. My body twisted. I got a glimpse of the fear on Killian's face as I threw the bottle at the ground with my full anger.

My head turned away as it smashed into a hundred pieces. Killian cried out in surprise and pain. "What are you doing?!" He snapped, eyes on the glass and liquid mess.

I wiped the drops off my face as he stared at the remains of the bottle. Instinct made him turn away from it as I slammed another glass bottle into the floor.

He yelled in surprise and backed away. "Stop it! You'll hurt someone!"

Six bottles. And four still left in that stupid chest.

My fingers spread this time as I reached for them. One neck between two fingers, and two bottles in each hand. I think I screamed as I raised them over my head. My eyes screwed shut, hand moved forward and the weight left them. The sound was horrendously loud. Liquid and tiny sharp pricks hit my legs, arms and face as the bottles were smashed right at my feet.

I was breathing heavy as I opened my eyes and stepped back from the mess. Killian was frozen where he was. Stock still as he stared at the ground with wide eyes.

My hand shook as I raised it to point at him. "Don't ever... hide alcohol in your goddamn room." I sneered. "Or the next time, I'll break those bottles on your face."

The threat seemed to get through to him. His grey eyes rose from the floor and moved to mine. Cold, dead, pained. "You... You'll regret this, Emerys Alekto."