Chapter 12

By the time I was finished with my supper, which considered of Chinese takeout, it was already dark outside. I went out to the balcony off the side of my room. Just like I had imagined, the Eiffel Tower stood tall, every light bright and burning like fiery love. The light of the tower reflected onto the city below, infighting life across the town. It's light led many as they walked around the park below the giant tower, looking tiny from how far away they were.

I looked out onto the darkened sky, as it looked like every light was being reflected to it. The stars lined every crevice, and the wind was peacefully dancing with my hair as it gently brushed through every wave. I stood there as I was completely awe struck. I know I stood there for a good thirty minutes just admiring the view and feeling the wind cool my simmering body.

      That's when I heard Lola's voice come through the wall to my left side. It was like a sliding wall, so I opened it and came face to face with Lola.

    "Hi?" I ask wierded out by her sudden appearance.

    "Hi. What are you doing? Hmm... I suspect you're doing exactly what I am." She said, her voice full of cheer and happiness.

    "And what are you doing?" I ask making myself sound cautious.

      "Why I am watching the beautiful view and reflecting on my past. You, however, better be thinking about book PLANS!" She said the last part in a sing-song voice that, I seriously swear, broke my eardrums.

     "Well, I guess your right." I smiled, yet I covered my ears because they were ringing from Lola's voice.

        She just laughed at my facial expression and said goodbye. Just like that, she was gone. I smiled and also walked back in my apartment and locked the balcony doors. I then closed the beautiful, dark Mahogany curtains. I took off towards the bathroom to take a bath.

        The only thing that Lola didn't know was that no ideas whatsoever were swirling in my mind. I've went blank. Nothing I've come up with so far satisfies the criteria of the book. I was afraid that maybe I had lost my touch. This was the city of love, you would think that somewhere I could find someone dark and brooding but also romantic.

    I couldn't think much about it as I started to fill up the tub and took off my clothes. I put bubble bath in the tub and it foamed up immediately. I draped a towel over me and went to the kitchen. I was hoping to find something most every high end hotel like this one had. If it had what I was looking for, I would be the happiest human being on the face of the earth. Right beside the refrigerator in the kitchen, I found what I wanted. A small container of a few different kinds of wine, champagne, and rum sat there. I grabbed a bottle of my favorite white wine and took a glass off the top shelf across from the fridge. The glass had roses carved into the delicate glass. I took it back to the bathroom with me and pored a glass and put the bottle and glass on the rim of the tub before getting in.

    Once I climbed in, it was just the right temperature, and I grabbed my glass and took a small sip. It was so strong I swear I saw the whole galaxy appear before my eyes, but that was the way I liked it. Strong and hard to the core. Don't you dare take that out of context! I settled in and turned on the jets in the tub. It was seriously like a mini Jacuzzi.

    After about a hour in the tub I got out and grabbed my clothes. The black silky pajama shorts and a matching, long sleeve, silky shirt were pure bliss for my skin. I brush my thick, black hair to were it was straight, even though it won't stay like that. It will more than likely turn into beach curls or big puffy curls. I had taken my makeup off long before I got in the bath. I was completely ready for bed and went into my new bedroom. I set my alarm clock to wake me up in the morning around 6. It was hard being in a completely different time and the nights and days were mixed up for me. We wouldn't get much sleep these first few nights. Our bodies had to get used to the new time zone.

    Like I had predicted, it took me forever to fall asleep. So I had gotten up many times and sat outside to chill, and that's where I was right now. I could hear muffled voices everywhere right below me. One sounded like a woman; the other, a man. They were arguing about some affair the woman had been in and how the man was so disappointed in her and that it was over. For good this time. So apparently it had happened before, he just decided to leave it alone. Now, however, he sounded absolutely pissed.

       He didn't sound drunk which meant I wouldn't have to take action. I helped out regular people like them all the time in between "missions". People who were drunk could do harm, as I've seen in many cases, and maybe the woman deserves it, but I can't let that happen. He sooner or later walked to the back entrance to the hotel.

So, he lives here? It sounded like he wasn't a high up. He sounded like the regular man, but who knows in this place.

    I had noticed, as with the couple below me, many people in the streets spoke English. I heard the door slam to the back door of the hotel, and I knew the man was now inside the building. I heard the woman screaming profanities at him, but sooner or later she finally walked off, her heels clicking on the cracked up stone pavement.

    I walked in and noticed it was only 10:00. It was almost winter in Paris, since in the U.S was just beginning to fall into spring, and the nights became shorter so it also made it hard to tell time here. Finally I felt tired so I flopped on the bed and pulled up the covers. I finally fell into a deep, yet another fitful sleep.