Chapter 4

Once I arrived on the top floor, I easily found his office door. It was the first, and only door on the left hand side of the hallway. Technically it was two doors that acted as one. I took a deep breath, and I knocked on his door. He immediately opened it for me. It surprised me that he opened the door for me, because he usually never opens the door for anyone.

"Casey. So good to see you, long time no see." His million dollar smile met my eyes. "I hope you had a good trip here." He ask, even though it was more like a statement. He reached out for my hand and shook it politely and smiled wider. He was quite young, considering that he owned a multi-millionaire dollar business. He was only in his 30's and was quite handsome. He had dark brown hair that was trimmed back, looking professional. He had the darkest blue eyes that almost looked black from far away. He had a nice body shape and last, he was single. His whole life he never focused on women, just his business. Now he needs a wife and he can't find one. He ask me out once, but I felt he was too old for me. We were almost 17 years apart, and I didn't exactly like that.

"I had a wonderful trip, Sir. I have to say, I absolutely love this city." I said so with a moderately fake smile that gave him the impression that I wasn't being completely truthful. I stepped inside and closed his office door behind me. He smiled back slightly and motioned for me to take a seat before taking a seat himself. His office was truly beautiful. His desk sat in front of a huge window that overlooked the city. He sat quietly in his seat behind his desk while I got comfortable in the seat across from him. He really did belong in this office.

"So, I heard that you've finished your book. I would like to read the end quickly, and then I'll send it straight to the factory to be printed in all languages. Then, hopefully it'll be on the market by next week." He said this with a smile and sent a sly wink my way. He was always like Carli and wanted to read the end of my book, not the beginning. He was also like Carli in the fact that he was always friendly and open. I had gotten lucky to have him as a boss.

"Of course, Sir. I hope you enjoy. It's a little bloody, like usual, but I think it completes the story line well." I was confident in my ending, so I had nothing to worry about. I gently sat my book in his left hand that had stretched across his desk to grasp my newest work. I looked from his hand to his eyes as he looked down to start reading. I wanted to see his reaction. He kept a smile on his face so I took that as a good thing. I didn't want to interrupt but my question was burning in my mind.

"Sir? I was wondering what genre my next book should be. I was honestly thinking about trying romance. What do you think?" He stopped reading and looked up at me in wonder.

"You know what? I think that would be a wonderful idea." He paused for a moment while keeping eye contact with me. He made a thoughtful expression. "Though I know that you have to have a trigger of sorts to write, don't you? What will you do about that? Maybe, move somewhere?" He looked as if I said no to a move he could slit my throat, but he also kept a playful glint in his eyes. I knew he was planning something, and I suddenly started regretting my choice to ask. I glanced to the large window behind him and then back to his eyes.

"Umm, I don't know yet honestly. Do you think that is the best option? It sounds like a bit much." I was scared to hear his answer. I could tell he not only wanted to do this for a new book, but he was also thinking about me and my wellbeing. Maybe a change could do some good.

"I honestly think it is." He put a hand up to his chin while smiling at me. "Maybe you won't have to move, but I think you should take a really long vacation." I thought for a moment and my mind started to agree with that idea.

"You could travel somewhere where love is in the air, a place with the language of love, considered the most beautiful place on earth to many," he looked over, stopping for tension, even though I had a feeling what he was going to say, "France." My eyes got wide despite the fact that I had a feeling that was the word that was going to come from his mouth.

"France? But Sir-" He stopped me in my slight moment of panic.

"No buts, Casey, and that's final. You are "moving" to Paris, France, may I add with Lola, to write your next book. I think it'll help you open up a little too. I don't want you to write constantly there, go out and have some fun too."

"But what about the plane tickets? And a vehicle when I get there... then find a apartment that isn't that expensive." He hushed me before I rushed into more things.

"Listen, I'll buy the tickets and take care of everything else, okay?" I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay, I'm going to schedule you to leave the day after your book hits the market. I know you want to know how sells will be affected before you go, and I can always keep you posted if you would like." I nodded as he stood up and made his way over to me. I stood up as well and headed to the door with him.

"I'll let you go so you can head home and start packing, okay?" I was dazed, but I smiled and nodded anyway. When we made it to the door, I gave him a friendly hug and went out the door. I heard him shut it behind me. I stood in place for a moment.

France...? With Lola? She was a lesbian though. I couldn't be in the same apparent without being scared she would make a move. I loved Lola, I did. I also knew that she had a huge crush on me and had gotten sexual with me before. I knew I wasn't gay either. I mulled it over and decided I wanted to ask him but before I could knock again, the door opened.

"By the way, I know about Lola, so I will put her in a separate apartment." How the hell did he know I was going to say that? I grinned slightly at the face he was making at me.

"Thank you, Sir." He smiled and shut the door once again. I decided to start heading back to the elevator.

|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|¥|

I decided once I got outside that I was going to call Carli and tell her what happened. I waited to hear her voice over the line.

"Hello? This is Carli."

"Hey Carl. I want to tell you, I'm apparently taking a long vacation to France."

"What!?" She shouted to were I thought she had blew up my left ear drum.

"Yeah?" I said, wincing, hoping she's not angry.

"That's great Cas!! Are you going with anyone?" I sighed a breath of relief in my mind.

"Yeah, I'm going with Lola."

"Ugh. The Lesbian? Gross." She never liked lesbians and always goes against me talking to them. She always said," I don't want to see another girls Fuc*ing Vagina." I would laugh sometimes, though if I was in a bad mood, I'd tell her off. No matter what though, I wouldn't be against them. I believed that people can live the way they want. As long as I never went against my beliefs, I would support anything that others wanted to do. It was their choice.

"Yes, but she's in a separate apartment, so don't worry." I heard Carli sigh on the other end.

"Okay. Good. Don't want you turning lesbian on me." I rolled my eyes.

"Carl, I could never be lesbian. You of all people should know this."

"I know. I've got to go though, so I'll talk to you when I get back to the apartment! Bye!" Her happy, energetic self came back, and I smiled.

"See ya Carl."

With that I hung up with a smile on my face. She was more than likely going to see Josh since he was probably on his lunch break. I unlocked my car that I had been walking to and hopped in. I wanted something caffeinated after that news, so I decided on coffee. It was only 10 in the morning, so coffee was still understandable. As soon as I started my car, there was an announcement on the radio that caught my interest.

"Lyla Rickman writes another book, ready to be for sell by next week! All of her readers get ready to buy, they'll be sold out quickly!" I smiled slightly at the news.

That's the one thing my boss was very good at, getting news out quicker than anyone else. It's the main reason I work for him. He was the best at time management, and he could make anything happen in a matter of a week. He was considered a great businessman by many across the country, but many were disappointed when they couldn't get a job with him. He is strict in rules and character, and I was lucky to be writing under him. I smiled and put my car in gear and got ready to be on my way.