Chapter 14

After a few hours of brainstorming something to write about, I finally come up with a loose plot line, a theme, and the characters that I was going to use. Finally I had somewhere to start, but then again I have nothing else that's useful. If I felt any doubt, like right now, I knew it can still be messed up. I didn't think I had wasted half of my day, but I was proven wrong as I looked at my phone. It was way past noon already.

     I could hear the distant grumble of a angry storm cloud, and a quick flash that let a bit of that anger out. It was going to pour its angry tears upon the world soon, hoping that it can get rid of some of the pain it holds inside.

      I decided to go out on the balcony and sit down in one of the decorated, metal chairs. It was so close now, you could feels the angry rumbles vibrate through you. Many had already gone inside to a secure place, just in case dangerous weather was up ahead. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be too bad. Maybe a regular storm, no tornados or anything extravagant. I sat there with my eyes closed, waiting for the storm to hit, but heard something else.

The sound of a woman's heels echoed in the alleyway below me. I opened my eyes immediately. It was the same alley that the man and woman were arguing the night we got here. The heels sounded like they were 6 inches tall if not more due to the echo they created. I listened closely to the heels until...
Ding, Ding!

     My phone was signaling that I had a new text message. It was inside, but since I kept the balcony doors open, I could easily hear it. I left my mission of listening to the heels and went inside to look at my phone. It was a text from the sheriff.

Dear Casey,
      I hate to break it to you but Carli wasn't completely dead because of the bullet wound. They did an autopsy and it revealed that she had lethal drugs in her system. She must have gotten them from her trip to New York with you. I'm sorry Casey, but her background reveals....

She's one of them.

My best friend, that is dead, was one of them? How? Why? Why would she betray me? Her background? She never said anything about drugs, dealing with them, or even knowing the name of a few of them. If I mentioned a certain kind, like Carbogen, she would act as if she was confused and brush off the name.

That's why... She knew the names, she just acted as if she didn't. I should have known. She grew up with me after all. If she was by my side the whole time of my childhood, her parents had to trust my parents and vice versa. How could I have not known?! I sent a text back to him.

I'm sorry. I should have known. She grew up with me, her parents had to know about drugs or maybe they had also been in the drug business. I'm sorry.

      Once I sent it, I felt so angry but sad at the same time. Maybe she died for a reason; she died to save me. She did it on purpose, to protect me. She meant to go through that alley. She had to be on Cullian's bad side. She took those drugs so that if the bullet didn't kill her, they would.

      That's the reason she went into the bathroom before we left the skatepark. She took them because she knew what was going to happen. She gave me more time to pull the trigger. She knew that she was putting me in danger, by working for Cullian but also staying by my side. She loved me more than Cullian.

      That alone made me break down in tears, as I never cried after what happened. This is the first time I've cried in years and it was because she died so that I could live. She went against orders to save me. I couldn't believe she did it. She took those drugs to keep me out of danger too.

     She knew Cullian would have to take the time and take her off the face of the earth, just like he does with all of his men and women. He would have to concentrate on her rather than on me. She was smarter than she looked, but I thank the Lord for that.

     After my little breakdown, the rain outside had started pelting down onto our large apartment building. You could hear it as it slanted eastward hitting my balcony doors, that I had lucky closed. It was still early on in the day and I remember I have a expensive car in the parking lot. Then I remembered that the parking lot was actually a 5 story parking garage. So in other words I wouldn't get wet going out anywhere. So that's when I started getting ready.

     I put on eyeliner and mascara, my usual makeup routine. I put on dark blue lipstick to match the dress I wanted to wear. I took to my large walk-in closet, and took down a nice navy blue dress that had a low neckline and came up to mid-thigh. It had lace down to the knees and also down the arms. (Dress up above)

     I had called Kayra and she said that she would love for me to meet her husband. I was so happy for her in the end, so I wanted to make a good first impression. She lived not very far way from where I was staying, so I would have no problem finding her home. She wanted me to bring my purse because she said she had something for me. I left the apartment to go to the elevators. I turned around to make sure my room was locked when I heard crashing from the apartment across from mine.

      Yelling could be heard through the wall. I couldn't tell if it was a man or woman, but who ever it was, was angry out of their minds. I couldn't do anything though. I can't barge through private property without consent of an authorized personnel or from the owner themselves. I payed no mention to it as I made my way to the elevators. I heard the door open and slam shut, but I didn't bother to turn around.

      The elevator opened and I got in, pressing the button that said, "P Garage". I looked into the hallway quickly to find the owner was already gone; they could move fast. The doors closed and almost immediately it started then stopped and I was already at the garage. I walked to my car and unlocked it and got in. No sooner I was on my way to Kayra's.

The drug mentioned in this chapter (Carbogen) were from an amazing YouTube video by MatthewSantoro about the ten craziest drugs, you should check it out if it interests you!