Chapter 1

I stood in a sea of Scarlet and Crimson. The room's bright lights dimming and the candle's light also swaying from the wind that lashed out from the open doors. I watched as my loved ones, and friends fall one by one, to swim in the deep, seeping Scarlet. I walk forward slowly, watching them fall around me, waiting for my fate. I stood before him, ready to accept. I heard it before I felt it, the slice of my throat, to be able to join them in the Scarlet. It silenced me, silenced my grief and despair. I fall to my knees, getting my white dress stained red in the process. I felt my heart weaken, as blood seeps out my neck slowly. My body becomes weak, my legs completely collapsing. Just a mater of seconds, and I'll see what Hell is really like. I could only wish for life, A Small Dream in a world of darkness.

      I woke up with a start, holding on to that exact thought. I had to write it down, it was the perfect ending to my book. I got up out of my warm covers, shivering and squeaking slightly from the loss of heat. I struggled to find my desk in the darkness as it was on the far right side of my room. Finally, I stumbled around enough to find it, and when I did, I turned on the desk lamp which temporarily blinded me.

       I opened a drawer at the bottom of the desk, and I took out my journal that I kept all my work in. It's tattered brown leather form was barely holding together after the use I had put into it.  I took a dull pencil out of my pencil container and started writing down the words of Victoria that would be said at the end of my latest book. I would put it in the official book tomorrow, after I slept longer at least.

       I sighed at the thought of tomorrow as I had a feeling that I would need a lot of coffee, mainly since I would be revising my book and hopefully sending it to be published. Within days it would be out on the market, ready for people to buy. I decided I was too tired to get up and get back into my bed, so I laid my head on my desk and fell asleep with my head on my beloved journal.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

       I peeled open my eyes to find the sun was shining through my slightly opened, faded maroon curtains. I stretched my arms and neck as they were sore from me sleeping on my desk. That didn't bother me though as I got up and stretched more on my way to the bathroom. I looked in the bathroom mirror seeing my black hair falling down my shoulders in waves.  Dark blue-gray eyes looked back at me from my reflection seeing as the light filtering through the bathroom window was shining directly in my eyes.

      I finished my morning routine and began on my travel down the stairs to find some sort of caffeine. My hair bounced against the long sleeve red shirt I had picked out to wear as I bounded down the stairs with an unknown energy. I had a feeling no caffeine would be in sight, meaning I would have to travel to get some kind of energy.

       That was why I ended up getting into my car because no coffee was in sight. I decided on going to Starbucks, because someone there wasn't as lazy as I was. I began my long hour drive to Starbucks. I lived way out in the country of Tennessee, large plain like lands, that seem to stretch for miles.

      It really is a beautiful home, considering I was born and raised here. I loved the tranquility of living so far away from civilization, it was peaceful and exciting. The trees spanned for miles, the tall grass swaying peacefully in the wind, the gentle caress of the wind painting the canvas for all of mankind. Tennessee was truly a beautiful state to live in.

    On the road, I glanced seldomly at the winter scenery pass by and listened to the radio. My ride went quick, as I was prone to drive a little too quick. I was a little dangerous doing so, but considering that hardly anyone was on the roads in my city, it wasn't that dangerous. And to those who were, they were driving too fast as well.

     When I got to Starbucks I parked in the closest spot to the door. I walked in and greeted the normal people that always happened to be there every time I came in. I sat in silence and drank my coffee as I was lost in my thoughts. Once I finished I headed to a nearby park that was always peaceful, even in the wintertime. I needed a place like that to sit and revise my book, so that's exactly what I did.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

         Once I was finished revising my book, I went to my favorite place. That place was my best friend's place. Carli Davis had been my long time friend and always seemed to enjoy when I stopped by. She actually worked as a personal mailbox seeing as she usually takes my revised book and delivers it straight to New York. She travels there almost every other week, to see her fiancé, who works as an accountant there in a big company.

    When I pulled into her driveway I looked at her house. Her house was a small, one story apartment like building with large windows and painted a dull khaki. Even though she owned the place, it still looked like an apartment, plus there was apartments all around her. I slowly walked up the steps and pressed the button that worked the doorbell. Now all I had to do was wait until her face appeared in the door.