Chapter 6

"Wait, let me get this straight. Apparently your grandparents were drug dealers and your parents were killed by "higher up" drug dealers?" Carli looked as if she couldn't grasp the fact I was related to a drug dealer. Hell, I couldn't grasp that I was related to a drug dealer.

"Sadly yes, or at least that's what I gathered from my dream. I still don't know who killed my parents though, but whoever it is apparently wants me too. I don't know if it was because of my mom and the mistake she was talking about or if it was just their way of life."

"Well, I can't loose you Cas. I lost Josh, I can't loose you too. I don't know what I would do without you." She sounded like she would cry again. I looked over at her and found tears welling up. I looked back to the road but reached over and squeezed her hand in mine.

"You won't loose me, Carli." I smiled and gave her a quick reassuring gaze, silently telling her that I wouldn't die. She nodded as I looked back to the road. I pulled my hand back. She looked out the window and didn't say anything else.

We were still on the long ride home, and I had told Carli about my dream. I also told of my theory, including that I may be next on their kill list. I was honestly quite happy that I was traveling to France now. Maybe it would lower my chances of getting killed. Now that I think about it, maybe it was better for me to write under Lyla, because that means that it could lower my chances of death as well. If I had written under my real name, it would have definitely helped my chances of being killed. We were nothing close to home, so I put soothing music on the radio and got ready for the long, quiet ride back home.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

I got out of the car seeing the greatest sight I had seen in a week. My two story colonial home. I grabbed my stuff from the back of my car and hurried up the stairs to the porch. I unlocked the door before opening it quickly. Finally, home sweet home! I laid my stuff down in my living room and then went straight to the fridge to gather things for dinner.

"CASEY!" I heard Carli scream.
"WHAT?" I screamed back, just as loud.
"Come here."
"Why?"
"Just do it."
"No."
"You little-"
"I'm coming."

I walked into the living room to find my best friend completely sprawled out on the couch. She had talked me into her staying with me for a few hours before she goes home and packs.

"What do you want Carli ?" I made sure I got my point across, that I didn't want to be in here, but in the kitchen fixing supper for her fat ass.

"I don't know. Company?" I sighed and rubbed my temples. Of course that's all she wanted.

"Then come in the kitchen. You'll have company then." I said this as I turned to head back into the kitchen.

"Okay." She got up, and I heard her footsteps follow me back into the kitchen.

"So what are ya cookin'?" She ask me as she walked around the spacious kitchen.

"It's a surprise darlin'." She hated surprises.

"Seriously? You have got to be kidding me." She groans loudly, angry or sad, I don't know which. She yawned then, tired from the long ride.

"You can go to bed when you get done eating." I told her as I started the timer on the oven.

"Okay. By the way, where's Gabe?" She ask as she sat down on a stool on the kitchen island. Of course she wanted to know if my dear cat was okay. His fat butt would live longer than aI would, but I loved him anyway.

"I don't know, somewhere in the house." She giggled slightly before laying her head down on the counter. I had decided to make a special lasagna, since it was Carli's favorite. I just had to wait till it was done now.

By the time it was done, Carli was half asleep laying on the counter. She was seriously spread out on my long Island counter, laying on her stomach. Small snores came from her.

"Carli." I said calmly. She hated the voice I use when I was pissed, and she knew that was my exact voice as I called to her. She slowly poked her head up off the counter and looked at me with a slight hint of fear.

"What?" She said trying to sound innocent.

"The food is done!" I screamed in a happy voice that scared the living shit out of her. She jumped and nearly fell off the counter.

"I honestly thought I was about to die." She gave me a fake angry face and sat up. She quickly grabbed the plate of food I had handed her.

"Damn this stuff is literal heaven!" She groaned, sticking another bite in her mouth. She wasn't done chewing the first bite, but oh well.

We sat and ate for about a hour then Carli went to sleep in the guest room. I knew I wasn't very tired so I decided to pack a little. So I headed for my room.

When I was walking to my room, I was about to open the door until I heard something. I grabbed my gun from the back of my jeans. I had been lucky that my job called for me to carry a gun with me at all times. Not only for protection but also for being dangerous.

I walked to the door and put my ear against it. I could hear two men, one young boy and a older woman. Why the woman was there, I had no idea, but she sounded like she could hardly walk. How do I know this? I have enhanced hearing and all other senses. I can hear her cane slowly tapping across the floor. Maybe she was blind and had one of those sticks that you tap around to get your bearings. I could tell it was a woman holding it because she had softer tread than any of the others. The young man was probably fourteen to sixteen because he had heavy tread, just not as heavy as the other men. The two men had to be each over three-hundred pounds, they're tread was heavy enough to be heard from downstairs. They were probably all muscle though. I could then hear a small voice.