Chapter 5

I pulled into the "Local Coffee Shop" and walked in, surveying the place as I looked at what I wanted. The waiter had seated me at a booth right by the window with a striking view of the street.

"What do you want today ma'am?" A young waitress asked me.

"I would like a coffee with sugar and cream. Plus could you add whip cream?" I loved whip cream on coffee, don't ask me why.

"Of course ma'am. Is that all you want?" She smiled sweetly at me.

"Yes. Thank you very much!" I smiled and handed her the menu.

I looked on my phone to see a text from Lola.

Glad to be traveling with you! Hoping to see an inside look on your next book!

Thanks Lola. Happy to be traveling with you too.

I put my phone on vibrate and went to Facebook. Once I found nothing there, I went to Snapchat. I still loved Snapchat, seeing that I was only 20. I posted on my story that I was moving to France and that I would miss everyone. Then I went to all my other social media apps and posted the same thing. Once I did that my coffee was ready, so I sat there for almost an hour enjoying the peaceful tranquility.

Once I was finished I drove to the hotel to find Carli already home and at her computer. I walked in and looked over her shoulder. She was emailing her mom, telling her that I was moving to France and she was going to come see her soon. Her mom lived all the way in California, since Carli was born there. She had chosen to move to Tennessee with her father at a young age. I was so tired because of the events of the day, so I told Carli to get 30 dollars from my purse to get something to eat for herself, and then I changed into sleep clothes. Carli did as I said and left soon after I had gotten done changing. I was left in peace and darkness, so I fell into a fitful sleep quickly.

I had dreamed of my parents before, but nothing like this. I found myself in the very first home we lived in after I was born. We lived there for 6 years before we moved to build our own house. I was walking down the dark hallway towards my parents room. I had heard screams of terror coming from there. I didn't want to disturb them, so when I found their door in the dark I put my ear to the door to hear what was being said.

"Christy! You can't really believe that I wouldn't know?!"

"I didn't mean to! It wasn't my fault!"

"Now guess what you did?"

Silence.

"What did I do Colby? Tell me." Even as young as I was I could hear the edge in her voice.

"You've killed us. You have killed Casey."

"And how is that?" She was still angry, but a hint of fear was in her voice.

"They will come after our family, after Casey. We have to move, immediately. I'm sorry Christy, it must be done." He sounded like he was about to cry.

"One day, when Casey is gone, we'll die, you know. They will come get us. Then later, they'll go after Casey. I just hope we can talk to her, before she moves out, but old enough to understand what is happening."

"Christy, we're drug dealers. Or at least our parents were. We've been pulled into the others plans. We can't stop anything now; we just have to protect Casey."

I could feel the tears rolling down my face, wether in my dream or in real life, I couldn't tell. They were killed because they were drug dealers. Their parents were at least. They wanted to protect me, but they never got the chance to tell me who they really were. Who I was. Now no telling who wanted to kill me, anyone with money, or those who killed my parents.