eighteen.

The day the Host Club conducted business outdoors in Heian Era garb was also the day that completed the first month of Kazumi and Takashi as a couple

It was still fresh in the taller host's mind the first night he had dinner at the Tokimatsu Manor. He was by himself - no Mitsukuni, not even the Nekozawas manage to attend the dinner. He definitely wasn't used to being in the spotlight, but then again, he wasn't used to liking someone and having her as a girlfriend either.

It was easy to say that the tall 17-year-old boy was out of his element. Everything was new to him, and he's never been so nervous in his life. Not even before his first kendo tournament. And the fact that he had met some of the manor staff and chatted with Tokimatsu Emi to ask for permission to date her daughter didn't help lessen his anxiety.

He was aware that her father and brother were out of the picture. And going by his visit with the Host Club, he noticed that the staff played a fundamental role in Kazumi's upbringing. They weren't her servants but her friends. This fact only served to make him admire her even more.

They made him struggle at first, but once they realized how sweet, caring, and considerate he genuinely was towards their young miss, it was easy to tell that he won everyone's approval. The staff manor made sure to call him "husband material" in the presence of Emi and Kazumi.

He wasn't talkative, but his expressions said everything they needed to know. The way he got embarrassed and looked at Kazumi adoringly was enough to win their hearts.

Takashi didn't address the delicate topic about the men of the family, which earned him more points. The CEO of Tokimatsu Corporation revealed a bit about her ex-husband and estranged son, though, bringing up a mix of anger and sadness in him upon imagining how much Kazumi must've suffered.

How could they let go of someone so amazing as her?

No matter the obstacles he'd have to face, he was determined to fight for their relationship. So what if the Chamberlain Enterprises would do anything to break them apart? He wouldn't let them force Kazumi into an arranged marriage.

After that night, the Tokimatsu family became more acquainted with the Morinozukas and Haninozukas, hosting dinners and sharing phone calls to discuss the teen's relationship and maybe some business.

Both families had talked about physical intimacy and warned about the importance of protection. Despite not having had the conversation with Kazumi, Takashi was ready to go further.

"A weekend trip to Kyoto?" She asked once he gathered the courage to share his thoughts with her a week before completing their one month of dating.

"Hn," he nodded. "It's private."

"I suppose it'd be awkward to do it at one of our homes." She reasoned. "Okay, I'd love to."

"Really?" He sounded almost surprised.