two.

Haruhi was worried about what the host club was going to do about Kazumi

Haruhi was worried about what the host club was going to do about Kazumi. She wasn't sure if their approach would immediately turn her into a club member, a client, or would push her away altogether. From what she could get from her upperclasswoman, it was more likely that Kazumi would never talk to her again.

Not that she could blame her.

The First Year's been trying to reach out to the older girl, but something always got in the way. The first time, it was relatively easy to get rid of the twins. She just gave them some excuse about a supermarket sale and left. But, then, some Third Year said that Kazumi had her club activities.

The second time, though, the Twins didn't let her go, claiming that they wanted to spend more time with her outside school and would give her a ride instead. That day, she went straight back home.

On her third attempt to go after Kazumi without any host following her, Tamaki whined that he wanted to take her home because he shouldn't let her be alone with the devilish twins.

The fourth time was a bit more embarrassing. Haruhi spotted a guy confessing to Kazumi, so the brown-haired girl fled from the scene.

After that, she decided to give up for the week. And Tamaki, then, gave Honey and Mori the task to convince Kazumi to go to the Host Club.

They soon realized that, albeit Kazumi didn't have many friends, she always seemed busy. During lunchtime, she'd often disappear somewhere else. Before classes, there was always another student asking for help with their homework. And after classes, she'd leave for her club activities or be tasked to do something for a teacher.

In other words, they haven't been more successful than Haruhi.

The following week, though, Tamaki planned a more aggressive approach. He'd make all the members go looking for her, no matter what. But, on the day of their Traditional Kimono cosplay, the arrival of a very annoying and futile girl going by the name of Renge Houshakuji messed up with their plans. She made them change their personalities to fit her twisted imagination and then hired a Hollywood film production to shoot a movie of them.

There was no need to say that the Host Club hasn't been very lucky lately. And it was clear that Kazumi wasn't making any effort in going after them either. Perhaps their encounter wasn't meant to be.

When they came to meet her again, it was in the weirdest way - the only way fit for Ouran. What they've been trying to accomplish in the past couple of weeks had only happened when they weren't chasing it altogether.

It was during the club hours, and the Twins were teasing Haruhi nonstop after she dissed their Forbidden Fraternal Love act and questioned the appeal of the Twins. A mysterious, cloaked figure showed up out of nowhere from a suspicious dark wooden door, talking about dark magic and voodoo dolls.

"Nekozawa-senpai doesn't like places that are bright," explained Kyoya, his attention turned to the black notebook on his hands.

"You should stay away from that person," Tamaki warned Haruhi from behind. "If you're connected to him in any way, without exception, you'll get cursed."