twenty-three.

"You're right. Tamaki wouldn't cry," Kazumi told Kyoya in a low voice so Haruhi wouldn't hear them as they strolled through the stores. "He wouldn't cry because he'd know you were lying. He might be an idiot, but he's more perceptive than you give him credit."

Kyoya shot her a curious glance. "Then why didn't you say anything to Haruhi?"

"In our world, there are more people than not who are just like you deem yourself to be, and I think this is something she should be familiar with if she ends up being part of the wealthy in the future."

"That's an interesting thought."

"Senpai, weren't you going to go home by taxi?" Haruhi asked.

"Now that I'm here, I might as well take a look." He stopped by a shop selling jewelry. "Hm, black pearls from Ishigaki Island. Some high-class items we have here. Will anyone be able to buy it?"

"Oh, wow!" The brunette breathed out. "You can tell?"

"I've been educated that way."

"Could we go to the pharmacy for a moment?" Kazumi asked, getting inside the store without waiting for a reply. Haruhi followed suit while Kyoya waited for them outside.

"What do you need to buy, Kazumi-senpai?"

"Just some lotion," she said absentmindedly as she roamed her eyes through the shelves.

"I don't think you'll find the brands you're used to in here. I thought people like you had personalized moisturizers for your skin type or something like that."

Kazumi paused and eyed the freshwoman closely.

"It's not this type of lotion."

The raven-haired girl quickly grabbed what she was searching for and paid before joining Kyoya, leaving Haruhi confused.

"I don't understand," the brunette wondered, exiting the shop, "what other type of lotion there is?"

Kyoya shot her the same look Kazumi did.

"There's still a lot you need to learn, Haruhi." He adjusted his glasses.

🌸

"By the way, I really don't know anything about Kyoya-senpai's and Kazumi-senpai's families, and other stuff."

"It's not something you need to bother knowing about either. My family matters, that is," the boy said.

"You already met my mother," Kazumi added.

"Isn't that kinda unfair? Because Kyoya-senpai knows all about my family to the extent of my father's work friends. And Kazumi-senpai's mother became best friends with my dad to the point of calling him every week, but he tells me nothing about it. That's kinda unfair."