Chapter 11

Rin: Oh my gosh my lovelies it has been too long T_T so much crap has happened and literally it seems to always be something with me. I've had some personal family issues that we still aren't completely in the clear for. I recently lost my job of 2 years. I had been trying to find a job with no luck for months till now! I recently started a new job and lemme tell you guys I love my job. I get the option to stand or sit on a stool which I do a bit of both and I'm not exhausted all the time. Only thing about my job is there is A LOT of paperwork involved. I know I had been promising updates for awhile but it really has been a crazy time. Hopefully I can catch up.

I let out a small groan as I sat up from my sleeping bag. In my half-awake state, I glanced around and noticed Sayuri was not in the tent. I felt my breath catch in my throat as panic washed over me. I dressed as quickly as possible and ran out of the tent, stumbling a bit as my foot got caught in the sleeping bag.

"Woah, where are you going in such a hurry?" Aurora asked, glancing up from her task at stirring a pot that I assumed was something we would be having for breakfast.

"Sayu? Where is she?" I asked quickly. Aurora saw the panic in my demeanor and rolled her eyes.

"Cass, calm down. She is fine. She is with Ace. He has not been doing so well, and the two have something in common, so I suppose they are hanging around each other to comfort one another." She said, returning to her stirring and adding a few spices and chopped veggies.

"What are you even making?" I asked, looking into the pot.

"Egg and Miso soup!" She said happily. I nodded, satisfied, and walked off to find Sayuri and Ace. As I searched, I noticed everyone except Sarina seemed to be sitting around, lost in their thoughts. She was attempting to chat with Ben, who was looking more and more annoyed as she spoke. He and I made eye contact, and he practically shot up and ran toward me.

"Good morning, Cassia. I have something important to discuss with you!" He said cheerfully. I nodded, catching his lie, and motioned for him to follow me. We walked around idly talking till we found Sayuri and Ace. The two looked up and greeted us, motioning us to come closer.

"Sayuri Ketchum! You had me worried sick!" I snapped. She smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Sorry, I just could not sleep, and Ace was the only one awake, so we decided to hang out till everyone else decided to get up." I rubbed my temples and sighed, knowing I could never stay mad at Sayuri.

"Fine, you are forgiven... This time." I said, crossing my arms and glaring playfully at her. She motioned for me to sit next to her, and without any hesitation, I accepted her invitation while Ben sat with Ace.

We spent the morning talking until Ren told us that breakfast was ready. Breakfast was awkward. No one spoke about yesterday's events. Sarina had kept to herself, only speaking to Rai or attempting to talk to Ben. Once we finished, we began packing up and heading for the road again. Rose and Ren had been moody since they took Ryuu, though I can not say I blamed them.

The Shinji's were a very close family despite Paul's past. Many believed the champion became more family-oriented, thanks to Dawn. According to what my parents said about them, Dawn was a wonderful mother to her children and an excellent wife to Paul. Thanks to Dawn, Paul patched up his relationship with Reggie.

The two families did everything together, so much so that the five cousins grew up as siblings rather than cousins. Sayuri and Ace were inseparable. Although Ace was usually very calm, he never hesitated to snap at Sarina for any comment directed toward Sayuri. I was lagging behind Sayuri and Ace, listening here and there as the two talked. Aurora walked at my pace and tried gaining my attention multiple times but to no avail.