Chapter seven

AN: It's finally here!!!!! sorry for such a late update with it getting so close to the holidays, work has been very very VERY busy I luckily was off today so sat down and started typing away. ANY WHO.... here's the newest chapter next chapter will more than likely be a bonus chapter rather than a chapter chapter, So I hope you guys enjoy it! 

Disclaimer: The Harmony Sisters do not Own Pokemon. We only own the OCs.

Dawn's POV

Some time during our walk Mira Decided she wanted to walk with Kairi and Kairi had returned her Pokemon to rest, leaving Paul and I momentarily out of hearing range from the two girls who were in their own conversation.

"Troublesome, I know you were wanting to participate in your contests but.." He paused looking at Kairi and Mira. Kairi had a soft smile on her face as she looked down at Mira who was animatedly waving her hands around as she spoke with a big smile on her face.

"For their sake we need to lay low" He continued pulling my attention back on him. I felt a wave of disappointment but understood and nodded.

"I agree for them we need to be careful and I can always try again the next season" I said smiling he frowned and eyed me.

"Dawn, you don't have to hide your real feelings I know you're disappointed." I still smiled and shook my head.

"I am, I admit it, but those two are more important than a silly contest" I said glancing at Kairi and Mira smiling softly. Paul just nodded and placed his hand on top of my head rubbing it in affection causing me to pout. He smirked at me and walked to catch up to the girls. I followed close behind.

"Well weren't you two cozy" Kairi said teasing us I flushed red and Paul scowled

"Nothing happened we were just talking!" I said waving my hands around wildly causing Kairi to laugh more.

"Hey Kairi they're like you and Rai sometimes!" Mira chirped that's when all went silent

"Who is Rai" Paul snapped looking pretty angry I'm pretty sure if this Rai boy was standing here Paul would have probably beat him up if not that, something worse. Kairi crossed her arms.

"He's one of my old traveling partners" Kairi said meeting Paul's cold gaze with her own

"Paul, that's enough" I said gently resting my hand on his shoulder his cold gaze met my calm one. He visibly calmed down but still looked pretty angry.

"So who is this Rai?" I asked Kairi playfully and watched her cheeks flush red

"MOM!" she yelled and tried to hide her face with her hands out of embarrassment.

"Has this boy done anything to you" Paul spoke up again

"Oh my Arceus! no dad, he hasn't he doesn't even like me! He likes my ex best friend" Kairi said trailing off when she spoke about her once best friend.

"Oh honey, It's okay you'll one day meet a guy who will like you for you. You're a beautiful young lady so sooner or later you'll have the boys after you" I said gently holding Kairi's face smiling Kairi lowered her eyes.

"Hn. Not if I can help it," Paul muttered I glared over at him and turned back to look at Kairi who lightly pushed my hand away.

"It doesn't matter I'm not even pretty" Kairi said sadly.

"That's true you aren't pretty" Paul said my mouth dropped and I felt a blind rage building up.

"You are beautiful, enchanting, charming, Gorgeous and anything else to describe it" Paul said smirking Kairi's head shot up with wide teary onyx eyes.