Chapter Five

AN: Okie my lovelies I have not died. Sorry for such a late update work has been terrible like, I kid you not. Last week I believe, we had to deal with the affects of Hurricane Micheal and the servers at our work got water logged! and though pretty much nothing worked we STILL stayed open. We couldn't even clock in! we had to write down our "punches" on a sheet of paper, and basically if you were buying groceries WITHOUT using a coupon, anything marked down, and didn't have DVDs or Phone cards you were fine and weren't affected. but those who did have all I listed or at least one of those things put the registers at risk of crashing. which my section did. I'm a self check out host. and the self check I was at consisted of 4 registers plus the pay station that we use for checks and WIC. but anyway after the self checks crashed I was having to get people out with the pay station. and then after that fiasco they have lately me working seven in the morning to four in the afternoon. and lemme tell you I am not, by any means a morning person. So safe to say I come home and just pass out so I have not had the time to write anything until now! so I hope you all enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon, or the pictures used in this story the only thing I own are the OCs. 

Dawn's POV

Paul and I originally were waiting for the girls to wake up. But, Paul was starting to grow anxious and so Paul had taken Kairi from Torterra, thanked the continent Pokemon and returned him. He turned to Ursaring about to speak but noticed the bear Pokemon pull Mira closer to its chest and growled. Paul smirked in understanding.

"Alright Ursaring I understand, I'll leave her with you" Paul said watching as Mira let out a small groan before she snuggled into Ursaring's chest. I smiled but then froze when we noticed a light from Kairi's belt flashed and out came a Luxray. The Luxray saw Kairi in Paul's arms and immediately ran toward him nuzzling its mane against Kairi worry in its gold eyes. Luxray began licking Kairi's face causing a groan to escape the girl's lips and her eyes slowly opened

"Luxray?" She looked around and then noticed she was in Paul's arms

"Dad?" she let out another groan

"What happened? Wait where's Mira!" She said and began thrashing about. Paul tightened his grip on Kairi hugging her close to his chest.

"Mira and you are safe but we do need to get moving we've spent too much time here, who knows if they will come back but I'd rather not wait around to find out" Paul said and Kairi instantly relaxed.

"You can put me down now dad if something happens Luxray can carry me" she said softly Paul reluctantly set her down and we all grabbed our stuff and set out with Luxray and Kairi in the lead since the lion Pokemon was able to see in the dark. I glanced over and noticed Paul looked stressed and tired. I then glanced at Kairi who was now resting on top of Luxray's back hugging he lion Pokemon lovingly. Mira was now awake in Ursaring's arms but even she looked tired.

"Paul.. maybe we should stop and set up camp we made quite a distance from our old campsite..." I said with hesitation Paul glanced at me with his cold onyx eyes.

"No, we need to keep going" he said stubbornly.

"But Paul the girl's are exhausted, I'm exhausted and you look tired too" I said softly he let out a frustrated sigh.

"I know but, I don't want to risk them finding us again and.." he said and let his sentence fade. 'He's trying so hard to keep us safe..' I let out a sigh and nodded and froze when he stopped and kneeled in front of me.

"Paul what are you doing?"

"Don't ask and just get on you troublesome woman" Paul snapped. I hesitantly climbed onto his back and squeaked holding onto him tighter as he stood up straight and began walking.