Chapter 9 :" Fated to be "

Sujatha Ram Prasad Maheshwari was busy glaring at her husband that she couldn't concentrate on her food. As a mother she couldn't fill her stomach with food while worried that her son was filling his with alcohol.

Meanwhile her husband was praising his son for landing a project that proved to be impossible in the beginning.

"If only Lakshya had the same drive, I heard from his secretary, he was already flirting with one of the interns as soon as he entered the magazine. I thought making him CEO would stop this childishness" her brother in law spoke up making Sujatha look back at her sister in law with concern.

While Sujatha continued to worry about Sanskar destroying him , her sister in law worried that Laksh someday might break someone else heart with his behavior.

Sujatha had been one of the very few who knew about her sister in law first love and how he abandoned her when her family couldn't give the dowry to satisfy him. It was all well and good that it led her to her brother in law in the end. But Sujatha knew she always worried her son might recklessly break someone heart like her ex.

"DurgaPrasadji maybe we should ask Laksh and Sanskar to come home early every day. They always miss dinner at home and who knows what they gets up to in the night" Annapurnaji spoke up and Sujatha found herself nodding her head in earnest.

Sujatha believed getting her son home early might prevent his drinking habit and she knew he wouldn't drink in the house out of respect for all of them.

"They are not kids Annapurnaji, we can't control how they spend their time" her brother in law replied back making Sujatha sulk a little.

"Maybe we should get them married " Sujatha spoke up without thinking but her husband was already shaking his head in answer, her husband was of mind to let Sanskar go as he does because of his heart break and didn't want to come across as pushing parents.

And her brother in law thinks his son is too immature to marry him. As it will only lead to the wife to suffer. So imagine the shock on all of their faces when her son and her nephew came home with two girls that night.

It took her a moment to realize one of the girl was Swara, the one Laksh still thinks of marrying and Sujatha realized the other one must be her sister Ragini.

At times like this even Sujatha waited for her sister in law to speak up first, while her brother in law may be the decision maker of the family often but they all knew her sister in law was better at it.

"You are on time for dinner, join us first and then we can talk what brought this lovely visit" her sister in law spoke up first and it set the tone as Sujatha watched her son sit beside Swara, while Laksh sat beside Ragini.

When she heard about the misunderstanding during their date ,she thought it happens but looking at the ease between the two pairs, Sujatha wondered maybe the misunderstanding was fated to be lead them to their right partners.

She spend the next hour looking at her son and her nephew. Laksh was making Ragini smile, while Swara had managed to make her Sanskar smile and in the book of a mother that was enough to make Sujatha love Swara.

It has been so long since Sujatha saw her son smiling and no matter how much she tried to be rational and not jump to conclusion, she already wanted Swara to be her bahu.

                      *****************

Swara was a nervous wreak, she didn't know why she quickly agreed to Sanskar's plan. Because she forgot about one thing, the last time she met the elders of the Maheshwari family, her family may not have been rich but respectful among the society.